"Keep it together, Erik... It's just a couple of files... You may be talking to yourself on the internet but it isn't the end of the world..."Punishing Prometheus is a YouTube vlog run by fictional high school student Erik Daniels. It was created to fill in gaps in his memory while Erik was on his medication, which caused short-term memory loss. Things go wrong, however, when Erik is attacked by a person wearing a gas mask, and begins getting creepy video responses from a channel called "DeathOfAtlas". Things go From Bad to Worse with the appearance of a familiar tall figure...Punishing Prometheus is a video blog addition to The Slender Man Mythos. Erik's Twitter account can be found here. The central hub for all information regarding the series is on Erik's Google + account. Erik's channel was recently taken over by Atlas, and something has happened to Erik.
- Alien Geometries: Erik walks down his hallway, only to somehow end up at the beginning of his hallway again.
- Ambiguously Evil: Atlas.
- Chekhov's Gun:
- The Tunnel in which Atlas films. Erik goes there a couple of times. He finds a box there at one point.
- Erik's headband.
- Daylight Horror: The first two appearances of Slender Man.
- Nice Hat: Erik wears one, all the time.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: Not once has the word "distortion" been used, even though there is a lot of it
- Psychic Nosebleed: Erik has many nosebleeds on camera, a semi-common symptom of Slender Man exposure.
- Shout-Out: "Punishing Prometheus" is apparently a reference to Portal 2. Erik also got a box full of these to other creepypasta series.
- Unreliable Narrator: Erik is completely drugged out on his medication, and doesn't remember half of what happens.
- He claims to have found no signs of Slender Man on a tape. He could not have been more wrong.
- Wham Episode: Many, but "Infection" certainly stands out.