Internet Killed Television is a daily Vlog Series
that follows the lives of Charles Trippy and his wife Alli Trippy. IKT started on May 1st, 2009. They intended to only film for a year, but after the popularity of the vlogs grew, they decided to continue, and the series is still continuing to this day.
Internet Killed Television can be found on the YouTube
. They also have three other channels: the CharlesTrippy
channel, where they upload humorous skits, the Alli
channel, where they upload their Movie Club and Food Challenge videos, and the Trippy
channel, where Charles uploads short videos from his iPhone.
Tropes associated with Internet Killed Television:
- Birds of a Feather: Alli and Charles. They're both very weird.
- The Cameo: Several YouTubers have appeared in the daily vlogs, including Philip Defranco and Shay Carl, another vlogger.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Charles. His thought process can be very... bizarre. Alli, too, but to a less severe extent.
- Extreme Omnivore: Marley. She eats everything, including poop and a variety of vegetation. But not bananas.
- Follow the Leader: The reason for Charles and Alli started vlogging was that Shay Carl, a friend of theirs, had started vlogging.
- Fun with Subtitles: Marley is made to sound very spoiled.
- Happily Married: Charles and Alli.
- Heroes Love Dogs
- Ill Boy: Charles, first he got a brain tumor, then, due to the doctors not removing all of it, he started to suffer from seizures. He then decided to remove what was left. This left him with weakness on his left side of his body, something he's rehabbing.
- I Was Quite a Fashion Victim: Charles acknowledges that his pink hair◊ looked stupid.
- Kitsch Collection: Charles has a collection of iPods◊ in his office.
- Meat Versus Veggies: Charles has long been on a produce-heavy diet, though he enjoys the occasional meat, too.
- Must Have Caffeine: Charles, so, so much.
- Promoted Fanboy: Charles had been friends with Danny and Travis of the band We The Kings since middle school. He joined the band in September 2011 to fill in for their bassist.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Respectively, Marley and Zoey.
- Running Gag: Several. Alli or Charles being late for a flight, Charles' huge head, Marley rolling in poop, Alli's fear of wax paper.
- Slice of Life
- Spoiled Sweet: The dogs. Though Marley can occasionally come off as a Spoiled Brat.
- Team Pet: Zoey and Marley.
- The Unintelligible: Marley and her yaps and wails—Unless she has subtitles, but even then her dialogue is littered with questionable grammar, similar to internet dogs/cats.
- Wham Episode: The previous day, Charles had passed out, in what was later revealed to be a seizure, and was rushed to the hospital. The Next Day , it was revealed it was due to a brain tumor. He had surgery a week later and the tumor was successfully removed.
- What Happened To Jeff?: Jeff Takeover was Charles and Alli's roommate, and a prominent feature in the early vlogs, until Alli left for Spain, and Charles moved to Tallahassee. He hasn't been heard of or mentioned since.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Or spiders in Charles case.