Welcome to Film Riot, the show that takes the mystery out of the effects and techniques that go into some of your favorite Hollywood films.
— Ryan Connolly, Every main episode
Film Riot is a webseries that aims to teach its viewers how to make films. In the process, Hilarity Ensues
. The show is hosted by Ryan and Josh Connolly. Their Youtube channel can be found here
- Adam Westing: The cast play themselves in the various sketches.
- Balloonacy: Once they made a camera stabilizer with balloons lifting the contraption.
- Catch Phrase: "Welcome to Film Riot, the show that takes the mystery out of the effects and techniques that go into some of your favorite Hollywood films."
- "Write, Shoot, Edit, Repeat."
- "Bammie Wham!"
- "Because Reasons!
- Bullet Time: They did two episodes on this, one with a high budget and one with a low budget.
- Curse Cut Short: In "Adobe and the Frog," "What the fu-!"
- Derailed Train of Thought: Josh traies to do this to Ryan during advertisements.
- Frogs and Toads: The advertisement/film "Adobe and the Frog" features a French frog who tells the love story of Premeire and After Effects.
- Funny Robot: Several of their ad sketches feature the hilarious Domain.com Bot.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Emily fits this sometimes in their sketches.
- Helium Speech: Used in their balloon episode.
- Metaphorgotten: Can happen in their Domain.com advertisements.
- Also happens in "Adobe and the Frog" where a love story between Premiere and After Effects turns into a list of software features.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase: Ryan usually gives a film reference for this.
- Product Displacement: They do have sponsors, but whenever they review a product, they are sure to include a disclaimer that nobody paid them to reveiw the product.
- Signing Off Catch Phrase: Occasionally: "Write, Shoot, Edit, Repeat".
- The Stinger: They occasionally have outtakes after the credits.