Welcome to Film Riot, the show that takes the mystery out of the effects and techniques that go into some of your favorite Hollywood films.Film Riot is a webseries that aims to teach its viewers how to make films. In the process, Hilarity Ensues. The show is hosted by Ryan and Josh Connolly. Their Youtube channel can be found here.
— Ryan Connolly, Every main episode
- Adam Westing: The cast play themselves in the various sketches.
- Balloonacy: Once they made a camera stabilizer with balloons lifting the contraption.
- Catch-Phrase: "Welcome to Film Riot, the show that takes the mystery out of the effects and techniques that go into some of your favorite Hollywood films."
- "Write, Shoot, Edit, Repeat."
- "Bammie Wham!"
- "Because Reasons!
- Bullet Time: They did two episodes on this, one with a high budget and one with a low budget.
- Curse Cut Short: In "Adobe and the Frog," "What the fu-!"
- Derailed Train of Thought: Josh traies to do this to Ryan during advertisements.
- Funny Robot: Several of their ad sketches feature the hilarious Domain.com Bot.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Emily fits this sometimes in their sketches.
- Helium Speech: Used in their balloon episode.
- Metaphorgotten: Can happen in their Domain.com advertisements.
- Also happens in "Adobe and the Frog" where a love story between Premiere and After Effects turns into a list of software features.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase: Ryan usually gives a film reference for this.
- Product Displacement: They do have sponsors, but whenever they review a product, they are sure to include a disclaimer that nobody paid them to reveiw the product.
- Signing-Off Catch-Phrase: Occasionally: "Write, Shoot, Edit, Repeat".
- The Stinger: They occasionally have outtakes after the credits.