A webcomic about the Anthropomorphic Personification
of several periodic elements, hand-drawn and then editted so that it looks less like crap. Some strips are of mundane life in the 3-income household that still manages to have budget problems, and others are about fantastic events that need resolving, presumably with the abilities of the elements. Oh yeah, and there are supposed to be jokes here and there. You can find Periodus here
. This comic is part of ComicFury
Periodus provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Takeand No Give: Astatine (giver) and Gold (taker). Neither of them can stand each other, but stay in the household anyway.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The household only functions because there's rarely more than three or so people in the same room together.
- Cool Shades: Beryllium's oversized shades.
- Emotionless Girl: Unbihexium.
- Face Palm: Hydrogen does this a lot.
- Functional Magic: The radioactive elements can levitate an amount of weight that increases as their half-life lowers.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Astatine.
- Jerk Ass: Everyone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Averted with Gold, despite the name, ironically.
- Made of Explodium: A pack of plutonium that was supposed to be used to test a nuclear reactor. Then Plutonium the person shows up, and, well...
- Meaningful Name: Duh.
- Nerd Glasses: Vanadium.
- Five-Man Band: Averted. Three of the roles are filled (H = Hero, At = The Chick, V = The Smart Guy), but there is no Lancer or Big Guy.
- Schedule Slip: The creator actually revoked schedule on account of following it extremely poorly.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Vanadium, the nerd, is inexplicably child-size.
- Standardized Leader: Hydrogen, on account of being Element 1.
- Stripperrific: Astatine, considering she's a hooker.
- Visible Silence