To promote Angry Birds Seasons
, Rovio had commissioned a series of comics based on the current holiday at the time. The following comics have been published so far:
- Moon Festival — The Yellow Bird learns of the Moon Festival's origins from the Mighty Eagle. 14 episodes long.
- A Halloween Special — The Blue Birds learn of Halloween's origins from the Mighty Eagle. 10 episodes long.
- Christmas Special — Split into three chapters (8 episodes each), the Mighty Eagle has gone missing and the Bad Piggies conspire to steal the birds' eggs yet again.
- Year of the Dragon —The Yellow Bird finds the Pigs putting on a play involving stealing the bird's eggs, and decides to seek help from the Mighty Eagle, who's acting... strangely. 14 episodes long.
- All There in the Manual: The comics provide a lot of information not found in the games, such as the fact that the games take place on an island, the Big Brother bird's name is Terence, the reason the King Pig wants eggs (because it's a less fattening diet), and a large amount of history behind the world of Angry Birds.
- Aside Comment: "Available at bookstores, by the way."
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: The Blue Birds tend to do this.
- Inspirationally Disadvantaged: Surprisingly subverted in the winter comic. A crippled young pig named Little Timmy who carries a crutch (despite not having any legs) stows away in the back of the pigs sleigh. Upon being discovered by the other pigs, he begins to tell them that the True Meaning Of Christmas is about love and giving, which inspires absolutely nobody, and gets him yelled at by the other bigs. At the end of the comic, he begins to deliver his variant on the "God bless us, every one" from a Christmas Carol, only to once more fail to inspire anyone and be told to shut up by the other pigs.
- Invisible Anatomy
- Nice Hat: Several feature in the Moon Festival comic.
- Not Himself: Noted by the Yellow Bird concerning the Mighty Eagle in the Year of the Dragon comic, but ultimately averted. He simply went on vacation and left his cave to the Mighty Dragon.
- Pluralses: The Pig King speaks like this.
- Product Placement: The cookbook that the chef pig mentions is available at bookstores is, in fact, a real cookbook, and when the birds are playing cards around the fire in the winter comic, they use the actual Angry Birds playing cards that can be bought from the angry birds store.
- Suddenly Voiced: Contrast these comics with the fact the birds and pigs don't speak English in the original games, or in the animated shorts.
- Trademark Favorite Food: For the mighty eagle, sardines. For the Pig King, eggs. For the Mighty Dragon, fresh fish.
- Training Montage: Parodied in the Year of the Dragon comic.
- True Meaning Of Christmas: Features in the winter comic.