is an animated short made for creator Dony Permedi's master's thesis in animation. It tells the story of a very determined kiwi bird who works to accomplish his dream. At only two minutes and thirty seconds long, it might have the shortest "start-to-Tearjerk
" ratio of any cartoon around.
Watch it on Youtube here
. Bring tissues.
This animated short provides examples of:
- Armless Biped: Well, it is about a Kiwi. He seems to be able to do most things he wants, but obviously not everything...
- Bittersweet Ending: He gets what he wants in the end, but at a pretty steep cost.
- The Determinator: The Kiwi, definitely.
- Downer Ending: Thud.
- Goggles Do Nothing: They certainly don't stop the tears...
- Hammer Space: From whence he pulls an actual hammer, plus some nails.
- Mood Motif: Very effective. A tuba plays for the kiwi's first appearance. A xylophone plays during his flight. Cue the tears.
- Single Tear
- Tearjerker: No one doesn't cry when his little wings pop out. NO ONE. Also, the very last sound may be the saddest noise from anything ever.
- Also, when he closes his eyes and a Single Tear escapes.