Dunkelzahn is Barack Obama.Barring, of course, canon.
- They are both massively popular (and still are).
- They're quite charismatic.
- Share a love of comics (read Dunkelzahn's will.)
- America (or, in the case of Dunk, the UCAS) was in trouble at the time of their election (then again, America's always in trouble).
The Matrix is a metaplaneIt would explain why it seems to act like the idea of Cyberspace as a place you go to visit.
- And why so many of the authors had a hard time remember that decking does not equal astral projection...
Edge is coded into standard humanity's 'Junk DNA'Before the Awakening, metahumans were standard humans, with their metatypes traits in their junk DNA. But, what is in the junk DNA of baseline humans; it's not metahuman traits, after all. Well, what attribute do humans have different from the other metatypes? Edge. Humans have lucky genes.
Earthdawn is set in the Nth ageAn alternative theory goes that Shadowrun occurs BEFORE Earthdawn; unknown to the people of Earthdawn, it's now the year 5000 and the past 2000 years have been "things" coming through, kicking the planet and people over until it has managed to return to the state it's found in Earthdawn.
- Very subtly jossed by Dunkelzahn's will. Go to the Crowning Moment of Awesome page and read the part about the Everliving Flower.
The 'car bomb' that killed Dunkelzahn was based on the designs of Adrian Vauclair.According to the Sixth World Almanac, after Dunkelzahn's "death" witnesses reported seeing his astral form rise into the rift. Vauclair's bomb from Dragonfall separates the astral and material forms of a dragon, as tested on Feuerschwinge. It seems plausible that the bombs were one and the same.
Dr. Penelope Ann Xavier is Pax
- Dr. Xavier is referenced in Stolen Souls. She is implied to be connected to the origin of cognitive fragmentation disorder, a nanotechnology-based weapon that overwrites its victims with one or more new, often hostile, personalities. One of her peers notes that he could not find any documentation for Dr. Xavier that pre-dates Crash 2.0.
- Pax was one of Deus's otaku followers. After Deus abandoned her, she formed the Ex Pacis otaku tribe and claimed allegiance to a force called the Dissonance. She is largely responsible for the Jormungand code worm that contributed to Crash 2.0. Her whereabouts after that are unknown.
- The possible connection is that Pax is using her knowledge and skills to subvert metahumanity with a new weapon. CFD doesn't seem to affect technomancers (the successors to the otaku), which would make her and her most trusted followers immune to its effects. And of course, Penelope Ann Xavier.
Lofwyr might be the reincarnation of Smaug
Celedyr made magic leak into the matrix and sprites, AIs, etc are "Matrix Spirits"A great dragon getting a datajack (and to a lesser extent every mage who does so as well) caused magic to leak into the matrix. The unbound by hardware sprites, AIs and related phenomenon emerged because of it and allowed for Otaku and technomancers. Knowing great dragons this is probably intentional.
There's a fourth Eastern dragon and she's masquerading as the Tibetan State OracleIt was stated that the Tibetan state oracle have gold eyes and never seem to age. Also, there is a Yin Yang symbolism going on. With Lung as Yin, Ryumyo as Yang, Masaru learning from both Lung and Ryumyo so he might be seen as trying to balance both Yin and Yang in the symbol of Taiji and the Tibetan dragon being centered on Wuji, or emptiness. She could also be the cause of the Maya Cloud to further her plans, which might be something to do with the astral mandala in the sky surrounding Mt. Kailash.