As it turns out, Hell actually has more than nine circles as Dante might have assumed. The following takes place in them
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Disgaea (...wait a tic.)
- I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
- Warhammer 40,000, because it's, well, Warhammer 40000.
- 1984. The Chaotic Evil and sexual deviants end up as the Proles, while the Lawful Evil end up in the Party.
- The Wretched Hive called /b/. Anonymous is The Legions of Hell which can either give you A Hell of a Time, make you go mad from the sinfulness or end your world as you know it.
- The event horizon of a black hole. When you cross this boundary, the gravity is so strong not even light can escape. An appropriate sign for the event horizon is pretty much "abandon all hope, ye who enter here". Also, the tropes Moral Event Horizon and Despair Event Horizon, and of course the ship Event Horizon.
- Real Life.