One of the cameo characters (Mike, Roz, Amber, etc) will eventually become important in Dumbing of Age
They keep showing up in the background of strips, seemingly as Easter Eggs. But it seems odd that they'd all be at the same school (Roz has appeared in several strips in a row, so the theory works best with her).
- Amber just got a week of strips interacting with Danny. So...confirmed?
- All three of the ones listed have become major, if not main characters.
If only because someone will point it out to Willis.
- Joe has asked Joyce to go out on a date with her. Hilarity Ensues.
- Joe also had sex with Roz, Robin's sister, so maybe it's related to that? Also, it's confirmed that Robin is in Congress in this universe and you have to be at least 25, so there's at least seven or eight years age difference between Robin and Joe.
Billie will be caught with alcohol in her room
Because Dumbing takes place on a dry campus, this will lead to her getting in deep trouble.
- It may also coincide with some other humiliations, as her existence seems to be playing the Break the Haughty trope fairly straight.
Faz and Amber know they're brother and sister in the DOA universe
Her parents are divorced, so maybe Amber's mother knew about her husband's other children. It's possible they even grew up together.
Amber's twin sister is Amazi-Girl
Willis claimed we wouldn't see Amazi-Girl outside her costume. At first, it seemed like he was just lying, but what if he wasn't? Amber didn't freak out when she saw Danny—only when he mentioned she reminded him of someone. Maybe she's trying to hide her sister's antics.
- Possibly Rose?
- Jossed. Amazi-Girl was explicitly "revealed" as Amber. Also, continuing to joke about AG being someone else is now a bannable offense in the comments section (apparently Willis was really, really tired of the gag). How Danny completely fails to realize they are the same person despite spending a lot of time with both has yet to be revealed, or just has to be filed under Willing Suspension of Disbelief ala Clark Kent/Superman, along with the idea a 5'2" girl can beat up a gang of football jocks.
Walky and Joyce will get together in this universe too.
Not much support for this, I just really like Walky and Joyce as a couple.
- Could happen. Dorothy is trying to improve Walky for the next girl who comes along when she leaves and Joyce is liking some of these changes. Probably won't happen until their second or third year. So around the 2030-50s.
The Aliens do exist...
...and that cartoon is just a cover-up for them, similar to the Hungry Dragon project
from Transformers. Maybe there are real abductees out there; they're just not the same guys as those in the main Walkyverse.
Sarah's drug-using roommate was Guns
Willis said on Tumblr he hates Guns, and she hasn't appeared in the comic yet. So if Guns was expelled, he'd never have to include her in the comic.
- Jossed: it was Bit Character Dana from a handful of Roomies! comics.
Walky would rather have Billie as his sister than Sal
Walky makes an effort to maintain his relationship with Billie, who he says is like a sister to him, but he barely sees Sal and he never even tried to contact her while she was at boarding school. And apparently Billie had friends who bullied Walky growing up but he doesn't blame her for that.
- Although in the few times we've seen them interact, Walky seems to be the one who tries to initiate things with Sal, only to be shot down by her rather than the other way around.
- Yes, but when he's rebuffed by Sal, Walky accepts it. With Billie, he pushes the issue a little more.
- He's actually had a relationship with Billie, in one way or anouther, for basically their whole lives, while Sal has been absent from his life for several years. Add in that she's somewhat bitter over Walky being the apparent favorite and it's fairly easy to see why he'd feel more of an urge to reconnect with Billie. Plus no matter what happens Sal is his sister so they always have a connection but Billie is just someone he knows so if he doesn't make the effort he will lose her.
The new Robot Girl
Ultra Car will show up, but will be 100% human
And always will have been.
Either way, everyone will ask if UC is/was a car/robot in this verse anyway.
- Well, sort of. Ultra Car is a cartoon character in this continuity; Carla is a human and a big fan of the show. No-one's compared her to a robot yet.
- There is one major parallel: Carla is transsexual just as Ultra Car is "transchasssis".
Amber first donned the mask and cape as Amazi-girl in response to Ethan's parents reacting negatively to him coming out of the closet.
It probably involved some awesome Batman-esque conversation with his mother and father with a sudden disappearance when they turn away for a split second. Good thing it's in the dark though, since the costume was made on the fly in a fit of emotion. Bath towel capes and ties with hurriedly cut eye holes are not very intimidating.
If Mike and Amber don't get together eventually, O will eat my own hat.
Apart from being in great favor of this ship, this troper believes Mike has a crush on Amber. Besides knowing her for a long while, and his twitter entries saying he finds short tempers sexy (which Amber has), I feel he goes the extra mile for Amber, in a way. Yes he's Tough Love with everyone, but with Amber it seems very different- my main conceit is when he finally snaps and pulls Amber away from the computer. He DOES care!! And he wants to spend time with her!!!
- Possibly jossed on Tumblr and the comments from the collections. Willis stated he's conciously attempting to avoid the same relationships from the other universe (Mike/Amber, Walky/Joyce, Danny/Billie, etc). But who knows if he'll stick to it.
Amber and Sal have met before. And I don't mean at freshmen orientation.
Amber's witnessed a robbery at a convenience store.
Sal has done a robbery at a convenience store.
Walkyverse relationships will be teased but ultimately won't develop into anything serious, with possible exceptions
- We have seen some previous relationships from the Walkyverse teased in DoA, but it seems that Willis is going to put the characters on different romantic routes than their previous universe counterparts.
- At some point, Walky/Joyce will be teased.
- Dina/Mike and Dina/Walky may also be teased.
- This one may be a shot in the dark, but I think Joe/Rachel may be teased at some point int he distant future.
Becky has a crush on Joyce, but won't act on it because she knows where that would go.
This comic, in my own opinion, seems to strongly imply as such.
She's even looking off towards where Joyce went when she says she knows what Walky meant. However, since she knows how devout of a Christian Joyce is, she refuses to act on it because she doesn't want to lose the friendship they have.