Funny: Dumbing of Age
- Walky is a fountain for these.
- Walky's face at the end of this strip. And he gets it whenever he sees Dorothy.
- Fifty. McNuggets.
- Weiner mange.
- Pajama jeans.
- What, you thought he was stupid?
- His name is Gary. They will get Man Married.
- "That was allowed?!" (And followup.)
- Dirk Lonestyle.
- "I AM A LIVING GOD!"
- He may have outdone himself reactions-wise here
- "Okay, but if she starts climbin' onto buildings, I quit."
- Did. She have. A CHEST WINDOW?
- The line to get into Danny's room.
- For the next five minutes, we don't know each other.
- "Just promise me I'm not walking into some dumb teenage drama or sitcom misunderstanding."
- Mike gets angry.
- This is pretty funny, but with context, it becomes even funnier. The previous strips had involved drama with Ethan being gay. In this strip, Ethan comes to a resolution...and then the punchline hits, releasing several weeks of tension at once. In addition, this was the day that Willis released the "Sexiest Man" poll.
- "Geez, Joe, your dad is just you with a beard."
- Or, if you think Joe's punchline is funnier: "I wish I could say he was only like this after the divorce."
- A worthy salute.
- "I needed to leave."
- Shoving stuff into holes.
- Danny mentions needing to stay away from people Amber knows, due to recent events. And then, Sal, whom he has been forming a friendship with, shows up. The Alt Text really sells it:
man the writer sure hates this kid don't he
- Joyce finds something interesting in Sarah's drawer.
"Well I've ruled out "karaoke microphone"."
- Danny and Ethan's I Know You Know I Know battle.
Ethan: I'm struggling to find a way to ask if you know about the thing-she-does without tipping you off about the thing-she-does if you didn't already know.Danny: I hope to God you're thinking about what I think you are, because God help her if there's more than one.
Danny: —Okay, she's AMAZI-GIRL, all right? We're both talking about her being Amazi-Girl?Ethan: "Yes. Thank you. That was getting kind of stretchy."
- And then, for possibly the first time in the comic, Danny gets to the point:
- Why did Mike go after Walky? That's why.
- excuse me, vinegar, i have this baking soda that i need you to look at
- Mike interrupts an otherwise sweet moment as only he can:
Walky: ...What?Mike: ...She was drunk, not the bear.Dorothy: Mike!Mike: Fine, they were both drunk.
- After strip upon strip of Joyce being disgusted by Walky's behavior, we find out that Becky, of all people, has quite a bit in common with him.
- Joyce sends Becky off to the showers:
Joyce: It's going to be full of partly naked ladies, so, uh, feel free to do some window shopping, I guess.Becky: I shall sample your finest wimmins.
- The last panel of this strip in its entirety.
Becky: Hey, guess what, I'm a LESBIAN!
- ALL HAIL SATAN. The stunned reaction of Joyce and Dorothy really sell it.
- The comments for Outrage featured some particularly charged discussion, so Willis used a word filter to replace the word "bitch" with "bongo". The results speak for themselves.
- While most of the strip is either a Tear Jerker or a Crowning Moment of Awesome (the latter due to Joyce showing off her remarkable character development), the fact that Joyce references "Harry and the Hendersons" of all things while breaking up with Ethan is pretty hilarious.
- Becky's attempt at an accent.
- Proof that Sal is Walky's Twin.