- Walky is a fountain for these.
- Mike is also a constant source of these:
Mike: Fine, they were both drunk.
Mike: Come on, I can't be the only one who wanted to do that.
- "She's a sweetie and you're some kind of sex monster."
- ALL SHALL BURN!
- Did. She have. A CHEST WINDOW?
- The line to get into Danny's room.
- For the next five minutes, we don't know each other.
- "Just promise me I'm not walking into some dumb teenage drama or sitcom misunderstanding."
- This is pretty funny, but with context, it becomes even funnier. The previous strips had involved drama with Ethan being gay. In this strip, Ethan comes to a resolution...and then the punchline hits, releasing several weeks of tension at once. In addition, this was the day that Willis released the "Sexiest Man" poll.
- "Geez, Joe, your dad is just you with a beard."
- Or, if you think Joe's punchline is funnier: "I wish I could say he was only like this after the divorce."
- Why the hell am I waving?
- A worthy salute.
- "I needed to leave."
- Shoving stuff into holes.
- Danny mentions needing to stay away from people Amber knows, due to recent events. And then, Sal, whom he has been forming a friendship with, shows up. The Alt Text really sells it:
- Joyce finds something interesting in Sarah's drawer.
"Well I've ruled out "karaoke microphone"."
- Danny and Ethan's I Know You Know I Know battle.
Ethan: I'm struggling to find a way to ask if you know about the thing-she-does without tipping you off about the thing-she-does if you didn't already know.
Danny: I hope to God you're thinking about what I think you are, because God help her if there's more than one.
- And then, for possibly the first time in the comic, Danny gets to the point:
Danny: —Okay, she's AMAZI-GIRL, all right? We're both talking about her being Amazi-Girl?
Ethan: "Yes. Thank you. That was getting kind of stretchy."
- excuse me, vinegar, i have this baking soda that i need you to look at
- Joyce tries to brave the filthy shower stall... and she fails. But the character's commentary sells it.
Dina: She's fainted.
- The author commentary for book 5 makes it even funnier.
Willis: Whenever I get on an airplane-because I am morbid as hell-I think about the last strip I uploaded to the website. Essentially, what would be my Last Strip Ever. This was one such strip, and frankly I'm a little sorry I lived. Joyce trips, dies, the end,
- After strip upon strip of Joyce being disgusted by Walky's behavior, we find out that Becky, of all people, has quite a bit in common with him.
- Joyce sends Becky off to the showers:
Joyce: It's going to be full of partly naked ladies, so, uh, feel free to do some window shopping, I guess.
Becky: I shall sample your finest wimmins.
- The last panel of this strip in its entirety.
Becky: Hey, guess what, I'm a LESBIAN!
Becky: Hey Billie i'm a lesbian! High five!
Joyce: Oh why don't you just tell everybody?!
- The comments for Outrage featured some particularly charged discussion, so Willis used a word filter to replace the word "bitch" with "bongo". The results speak for themselves.
- While most of the strip is either a Tear Jerker or a Crowning Moment of Awesome (the latter due to Joyce showing off her remarkable character development), the fact that Joyce references "Harry and the Hendersons" of all things while breaking up with Ethan is pretty hilarious.
Joyce: Oh Ethan my poor gay baby... can I call you that, is that a slur?
Joyce: Y-yeah, i've learned a lot today but it might be a while before my vocabulary synchronizes.
- Becky's attempt at an accent.
- Proof that Sal is Walky's Twin.
- Much of the comments section can be CMO Fs in their own right. Such this strip, elevating Sal to being a Commander Contrarian.
Commenter: Don't pull the lever! *Sal pulls the lever.*
Commenter: EAT YOUR VEGETABLES *Sal goes for a doughnut*
Commenter: Don't Jump the shark! *Sal harpoons it instead*
Commenter: Just be good! *Becomes world's greatest villain*
: DON'T DO ANYTHING I TELL YOU! *obeys perfectly* Wait
- The comments to "Bunk" have these gems about Joyce finding Sal sleeping topless;
alt-text: Now when Joyce says she's seen the twins, she doesn't mean Sal and Walky.
Commenter: They're still called "Sal and Walky", though. She has family issues.
Commenter: Walky is her least favourite boob.
- Dina's first reaction to Ross MacIntyre.
Dina: His head looks like a giant toe.
- This resulted in a meta moment of funny when Ross' Fan Nickname quickly became "Toedad".
- Any time Joyce has a freak out, paticuarlly her bug eyed facial expression though the best example is her reaction to Dina saying she and Becky just had sex.
- Dina has trouble interpreting a moment of silence with Becky, so she just goes for the direct approach. Becky's not complaining:
Dina: YOU WILL KISS ME.
Becky: Oh, good, God answers lesbian prayers.
- Becky and Dina re-enacting Jurassic World on Sal's motorcycle.
Sal:You! Off! Shoo!
Becky: But we're Chris Pratt and his bestest raptor pal, Blue!
Dina: Rarrghl, I should have feathers and be the size of a dog!
- Sitting down to dinner with her brother and sister, Joyce is a whole 20% certain John won't eat her.
Alt-text: *closes door* *Billie leaves webcomic forever*
- "Oh my god, they drugged the shit out of you, didn't they."
- Danny learning that Dina will let loose the raptor if provoked.
- She could be facedown in a ditch somewhere!
- Sydney Yuss as a waitress. "FOOLS FLESH IS FOR WINNERS!"
- Galasso then fires Sydney. Not for being a terrible waitress who refuses to do her job correctly, but because her plan to cow the customers failed.
- Even in a different universe, Robin remains... Robin. Like when she's convinced Leslie was sent by her rival to seduce her and produce incriminating photos...
Leslie: Wait... what photographs?
Robin: THESE photographs!
Leslie: That's a lockscreen.
Robin: Oh, oh, right. Damn.
- Joyce: HELP! My butt is CONTAMINATED!
Alt-Text: You want to get Butt's Disease? Because that's how you get Butt's Disease.
- Billy saying she got cookies from the Walkertons because they like her more than Sal? Definitely not funny. Carla's utterly shocked expression at hearing this.
- Apparently Amber knows how to throw her voice (i.e. make her voice sound like it's coming from someplace other than her). When do we learn this? When she uses it to distract Sal so Amber can beat her at Mario Kart.
Danny: (with a scrunched up face) Did you just throw your voice?
Sal: (Off-screen) ...Dangit!
Amber: Ha ha! Fell into a ravine!