Tube Adventures is a series of Web Games
created by the spanish sketch comedy group Cordero TV. The games tell the story of Eusebio, a seemingly normal (if a bit Hot-Blooded
) fellow and his (from the second game onwards) sidekick Ack, Son Of Ackack and heir to the Square Kiosk (It Makes Sense in Context
But what makes the series noteworthy is that all games are entirely shot Live Action and hosted on YouTube
, linking videos to make an experience similar to those Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books we all love.
To play the first game, go here.
This series provides examples of:
- Chekhov's Gunman: The Blue-Haired weirdo from the first game is the Big Bad of the third one.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Eusebio is kind of a dirtmouth.
- Deliberately Monochrome: Black & White District in Tube Adventures 3, hence the name
- Everything's Better with Cows: Cosmeno, the boss of the Moņigonte in Tube Adventures 3
- Hyperactive Metabolism:The king in the third game heals by drinking milk if you don't kill him at the end of the game
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: The first game play it straight, as all characters that are not Eusebio are played by Victor Losa. Lampshaded on the sequel in a very memorable scene.
- Lame Comeback: When fighting against the king in the third game he will say "You fight like a dairy farmer" and you will be given three options,one of them is saying "And your mom's a whore". It doesn't solve anything but it does hurt him when Eusebio says it later in the battle
- Lampshade Hanging: All over the place.
- Multiple Endings: As a parody/homage to the adventure genre, every game features this, ranging from the funny to the very surreal.
- No Fourth Wall: The characters know they are in a game and even talk about the player when you take too long to choose an option or make a stupid decision. Sometimes they even talk directly to the player.
- Non Standard Game Over: If you drink the "Death" potion in the second game,instead of getting a simple game over followed by the credits you get the words "Infinite Game Over" for 36 seconds, then the video ends.
- The Pollyanna: Sonrisas Garcia in Tube Adventures 3,hell,his name even means "Smiles" in spanish
- Sequel Escalation: The first game was fairly simple, a couple of paths there and there and four endings. The second introduces weapons, a lot more characters, and actual plot and even sidequests. The third one can be called a full-on videogame. Mind you, all of this using only linked videos on YouTube.
- You Bastard: If you decide to drink the ``Death'' potion in the second game,the game doesn't take very well that you caused the death of Eusebio,Agh and the Sorceress and instead of getting a regular game over you get an infinite game over
- You Fight Like a Cow: In the final battle against the king in Tube Adventures 3 the king will insult you with ``You fight like a dairy farmer'',to wich you can answer with the trope name itself, or not...