Terramex, also known as Cosmic Relief: Prof. Renegade to the Rescue, is a video game created by Shaun Hollingworth and Peter Harrap and originally released in 1987. It involves the search for Professor Albert Eyestrain, who predicted that a meteor would strike the Earth. Others laughed at him and he retreated into his laboratory in the mountains. Now, however, the meteor is nearing the Earth and only Professor Eyestrain can stop it. The player must pick one of five adventurers and find the professor.
This game provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The whole story.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Acid rain, dragons, snakes that pop up from the very rocks...
- Human Cannonball
- It's a Wonderful Failure: When you die, you get to see the meteor strike the earth.
- Multinational Team: Sort of. You get to choose among five incredibly stereotypical characters: the German Herr Krusche, the French Henri Beaucoup, the British Fortisque-Smithe, the American Big John Caine and the Chinese Wu Pong. However, you only control one of them during a playthrough, so they'll never actually work together.
- National Stereotypes: Look at the player characters. Just look at them.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder
- Punny Name: Professor Eyestrain.
- Savage Piercings: As seen on the cover. Those black tribesmen are actually in the game carrying your inventory items around.
- Schrödinger's Player Character