Video Game / Tails' Nightmare
is a series of fanmade Flash Games made by TheBlox. It stars Miles "Tails" Prower
from Sonic the Hedgehog
, who is plunged into a nightmare by the Tails Doll
There are currently 2 games in the series. The first takes place in a creepy wasteland, and the second takes place in an underground cavern with acid pools. The third is stated to take place in a volcanic mountain with a boss fight against Sonic.exe
, but was delayed for unknown reasons, and it is unknown if TheBlox will ever finish it.
The Tails' Nightmare series contains examples of:
- Acid Pool: A frequent hazard in the sequel.
- All Just a Dream: If not obvious from the title...
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Tails Doll enlarges himself in the second game as his final phase. However, this can only be triggered if you're playing on a difficulty level above Easy.
- Background Boss: Tails Doll's final form in the sequel.
- Big Damn Heroes: Just as Sonic.exe was about to kill Tails, a clone of the latter suddenly appears and knocks the creepy hedgehog into the lava.
- Boss Battle: One in each game, both against the Tails Doll. The demo for the third game also features a boss fight against Sonic.exe.
- Boss Corridor: The final room in the second game, which has plenty of rings for you to collect before the final showdown against the Tails Doll.
- Bullfight Boss: One of Tails Doll's forms in the second game needs to be tricked into flying into spikes to hurt him.
- Catapult Nightmare: Tails does just this at the end of the first game, obviously.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: Tails Doll's first form in the sequel constantly teleports away from you, forcing you to hit him when he appears.
- He also does this in the first game as his third phase.
- Green Hill Zone: The second game's tutorial takes place in one, with a remix of Splash Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 4.
- The third game will likely feature this as well, though time will tell.
- Indy Escape: The fourth area in the second game features a fleshy boulder which chases you.
- Invincibility Powerup: Introduced in the sequel.
- Jump Scare: In the first game, after you beat Tails Doll, you run over to the right, and he suddenly catches you. Thankfully, it was All Just a Dream. ...Or was it?
- Lethal Lava Land: Where the third game takes place in.
- Make My Monster Grow: Tails Doll does this in the sequel for his final form.
- Multi-Stage Battle: Tails Doll in the second game has 4 stages. (3 on lower difficulties)
- Not Quite Dead: Tails Doll at the end of both games.
- One-Winged Angel: Tails Doll's final form in the sequel.
- Or Was It a Dream?:
- The first game pretends to do this, but subverts it when Tails punches the Tails Doll away off screen.
- The second game does this for real. Sonic finds Tails lying on the grass and they both run off, but Tails Doll is still alive, and his eyes glow red.
- Promoted to Playable: Entering a secret password in the sequel allows you to play as the Tails Doll of all things. Unfortunately, you can't unlock the passwords when playing as him.
- Spikes of Doom: The main obstacle of the first game, and still prominent in the second game.
- Sprint Shoes: As with the aforementioned invincibility powerup above, this also appears in the sequel. What makes this one unique is that when upon hitting the monitor containing it, Tails' shoes will change from his to Sonic's.
- Teleport Spam: Tails Doll does this in both games. In the first one, he creates a small explosion that can hurt you, but he doesn't in the second for some reason. You need to hit him as soon as he appears near you.
- Underground Level: The entirety of the second game.
- Victory Fakeout: Tails Doll does this in the sequel, and then grows to giant size. However, this can only happen if you're playing on Normal difficulty and above.
- Womb Level: The first and second games contain elements of this.