Video Game: Super Mario Bros 5 Reborn
Super Mario World hack created in 2011 by Gamma V in which Mario and Luigi have another of their vacations interrupted by trouble in the Mushroom Kingdom. It can be found on SMW Central.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Bomb: Bob-Ombs and Bombshell Koopas.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Mario has no problem breathing in the moon-themed secret world.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Worlds 2-6 have one haunted level each.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Gaddly, in an optional room of Pipe City 1.
- Continuity Nod: To other games in the Mario series, including Marine Pop/Star Pop shooter sections and even an area where you can use FLUDD.
- Eternal Engine: Metal Kingdom.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: The bouncy-headed penguins in Winter Valley.
- Game Mod - It's a ROM hack of Super Mario World.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: How did Bomb Man get here?
- Green Hill Zone: Mushroom Plains, which combines it with Fungus Humongous in the third regular level.
- Let's Play: There are a few on YouTube, but they're all of outdated versions.
- Lethal Lava Land: The best examples are the Red Switch Zone and Metal Kingdom 3.
- Lost Woods: Verdant Woods.
- Mecha-Mooks: The main enemy type in Metal Kingdom.
- Nerf: You can no longer fly with the cape.
- Otaku: Gaddly is eventually revealed to be a Mega Man one.
- Palmtree Panic: Tiki Island.
- Pop-Star Composer - Sort of. One level features a 16-bit rendition of Around the World by Daft Punk.
- Robot Buddy: Gaddly, the game's replacement for the Message Boxes. At least one LPer seemed to think Gaddly and Yoshi are one in the same. They're not.
- Shifting Sand Land: Dry Ruins.
- Shout-Out: Many to the Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog series, including a Casino Night-inspired bonus game and a boss battle with Bomb Man.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Winter Valley.
- Space Zone: Lunaria.
- Under the Sea: Cerulean Lake in Verdant Woods, and several levels in Pipe City.