Hi there! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! You're going to play in MY schoolhouse!Sonic's Schoolhouse is a 1996 PC Edutainment Game developed by Orion Interactive. Here, Sonic owns a schoolhouse and teaches kids math, reading, and spelling from kindergarten to 4th grade.The player moves around in a first person perspective similar to Wolfenstein 3D (although there are varying angles of walls and textures on the ground/ceiling a la Doom, there is absolutely no variation in height in the levels), finding objects in the various rooms and matching them with the proper blackboards. Along the way, you can pick up Sonic icons to play one of two minigames (one has you collecting rings while the other is a memory matching game with statues) and school buses for field trips (you can watch educational videos about various animals).
Click on me for help!:
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Going against Sonic tradition, not a single one of the students is wearing shoes. Due to the first-person viewpoint, though, you largely can't tell this outside of two-player.
- Civilized Animal: The students.
- Drives Like Crazy: Sonic is apparently driving the bus used for the field trips. As you can guess, he isn't any slower on the road.
- Edutainment Game
- First-Person Shooter: Except the only shooting involves "shooting" objects toward their respective blackboards.
- In-Name-Only: Has almost nothing to do with the Sonic series aside from Sonic himself appearing.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: One "field trip" movie about kangaroos in Australia features a woman voicing one of the 'roos with an accent that sounds more British than anything.
- A Winner Is You: If you get all ten answers correct, you are treated to a short cutscene that sets at night outside which consists of Sonic holding up two sparklers while the sound of children cheering plays, followed by Sonic declaring "You got all ten right! Great job!".
Sorry you're leaving. You're gonna come back soon, right?