Video Game: Pro Wrestling
A WINNER IS YOUPro Wrestling is a Wrestling Game released by Nintendo in 1987 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. (It was originally released in Japan for the Famicom Disk System in 1986, as Puroresu: Famicom Wrestling Association.) The developers of this game went on as Human Entertainment to create the Fire Pro Wrestling series.Players can choose between the six wrestlers of the Video Wrestling Association (V.W.A.), and those who succeed in winning the title and defending it can face the perfect wrestler, Great Puma, champion of the Video Wrestling Federation (V.W.F.).Not to be confused with the Sega Master System game of the same title and released the same year, which was a masculinized version of the AJW-inspired Sega Arcade Game Body Slam.
This game contains examples of:.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Korea's Kin Corn Karn.
- All Your Powers Combined: Great Puma can use any wrestler's move.
- Captain Ersatz: The entire roster is based on famous Real Life wrestlers. Most obviously, Fighter Hayabusa is based on Antonio Inoki, and Giant Panther is based on Hulk Hogan.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Giant Panther
- Face Palm Of Doom: Giant Panther's iron claw
- Human Weapon: Giant Panther is called the Ultimate Human Weapon and Kin Corn Karn is called a living karate tool.
- I Know Karate: Kin Corn Karn has a karate kick special move.
- Masked Luchador: Star Man.
- Medium Awareness: All your selectable characters compete in the Video Wrestling Association and Great Puma is from the Video Wrestling Federation. Probably also a nod to the AWA and WWF.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Star Man plays the same as everyone else, for the most part, despite his 6'3 220lbs stats suggest him having the least amount on the roster, possible excepting King Slender, who is so much taller it doesn't matter.
- Not So Invincible After All: If you manage to defeat the "Invincible Warrior" Fighter Hayabusa.
- Parts Unknown: Amazon seems to be a resident or at least that is where he originates from. His date of birth is also unknown, as is Star Man's.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Star Man
- Ring Out: Unlike most real life professional wrestling organization, a championship can be won by a ring out.
- Tights Under Shorts: Star Man
- Timed Mission: You only have five minutes to win
- Use Your Head: Giant Panther does
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: Fighter Hayabusa's only special move is the back brain kick (Enziguri) and King Slender's only special is the back breaker.
- Weapon of Choice: Taking after Abdullah the Butcher's example, Amazon chose a fork.
- A Winner Is You: The Trope Namer is the Engrish conglaturatory message after winning a match. The actual "You Win!" screen consists of a picture of two trophies and your fighter (with one title belt on his waist, and another in his hand), and the message "Congratulations! You are V.W.A. V.W.F. Champion!", while the music repeats endlessly
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Star Man is a wrestling space traveler.
- Wrestling Monster: The "half-piranha, half-man" Amazon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Kin Corn Karn has a purple beard.