Video Game: Order Of Twilight
Do not be afraid
You are dreaming
Your mind is in chaos
Find what is truly important
and live to a beautiful day
and live to a beautiful day
Good luckOrder of Twilight is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fangame made by Maurice Guégan (who also made Mari0). You use your arrow keys to cast a number of different spells to help you progress through the levels. It has a dozen levels to go through and a challenge mode to test your wits.Order of Twilight was made for the My Little Game Jam 48 hour programming competition which ran 6th to 7th October 2012. All assets (including graphics and sounds) had to be made during that time.The game can be found and downloaded here. Maurice gives a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game here.
This My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fangame contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Commands: The spells.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: Those who are used to using the arrow keys for movement need to adjust themselves, as the WASD keys are used for that purpose, while the arrow keys instead cast spells.
- Difficulty Spike: The first levels are relatively easy, as you would expect, but then the later levels get really hard, needing to execute tasks such as teleporting your way past a set of spikes.
- Excuse Plot: See the page quote above.
- Gravity Screw: Several spells allow Twilight to walk on the walls and ceiling.
- New Game+: The "All Runes Game".
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Should Twilight get crushed, hit any enemy without being invisible or hit any spikes, she dies instantly.
- Invincibility Powerup: One spell makes Twilight invisible to enemies for a short time. She can still die from spikes, though.
- Konami Code: The Ascend spell is activated with the directional part of this code. It's just for show, though.
- Leap of Faith: One of these happen at one point.
- Logo Joke: The Stabyourself.net logo has Rainbow Dash's mane and cutie mark.
- Retraux: The game looks like a game made for an Atari console.
- Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom: Crushers that hang from the ceiling kill Twilight instantly if she is under them when they activate.
- Shockwave Stomp: The Shockwave spell creates a shockwave in front and behind Twilight, hitting enemies and blocks. There's no stomping involved, though.
- Spring Jump: One spell sends Twilight rocketing straight up.
- Time Stands Still: One spell stops time for everything but Twilight for a short while.
- Unlockable Content/Post-End Game Content: The "All Runes Game" and the Challenge Mode, which are unlocked after completing the main game once.
- A Winner Is You: The below message is shown after you use the final spell and clear the game.YOUR MIND IS CLEAR
THE CHAOS IS GONE