Video Game: Meine Liebe
Meine Liebe is a series of Dating Sims for girls by Konami set in a fictional country in the '30s which uses an interface similar to Tokimeki Memorial; as such, it's one of the Spiritual Successors of the Tokimeki Memorial series, and the granddaddy of the Girl's Side branch of the series.In the games the main girl tries to woo one of several Strahl candidates. These Strahl candidates are members of an elite class at Rosenstolz Academy of which graduates become advisers to the king of Kuchen, an island off the cost of Europe.However slightly more well known is the anime series by Bee Train. The anime series reduced the main character of the games to cameo appearances and focused exclusively on the Strahl dealing with various political maneuverings. It was followed by a sequel series Meine Liebe Wieder where the headmaster disappears and a new headmaster is instated who installs radical changes in the Strahl class while dealing with Ludwig being accused of treason and a plot to sell out Kuchen to foreign powers.There is also a manga series which is closer to the games. It features Erika Kraus who is looking for her brother she was separated from at Rosenstolz Academy. She becomes assistant to the Strahl because one of them may be her brother. Hopefully not the one she is falling in love with.
This series provides examples of
- Anime Accent Absence: The show compensates by having the Europeans speak an archaic dialect.
- Artifact Title: The anime doesn't have any romance.
- Bait-and-Switch Tyrant: Headmaster Werner's reforms were actually the previous headmasters decisions as well as a method to apologize to his former half brother.
- Big Brother Instinct: Camus's brother Leohart.
- Breather Episode: Episode 7 of the first series.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys
- Cipher Scything
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Ed.
- The Empath: Camus.
- Evil Teacher: Beruze in the first season.
- Gratuitous German: To the point where it cam become rather funny if you know German. The title means "My Love".
- If you translate the German words into English, then the result is that the game heroine is trying to woo a number of beam candidates who attend the Roses Pride Academy and after graduation, will serve the king oh the Isle of Cakes. What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?
- Innocent Flower Boy: Camus.
- Lost Aesop: The show flip-flops on a lot of subjects.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Red-Headed Stepchild: Ed.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Camus's nickname isn't Camu. He just doesn't have one.
- Theme Naming: The cities of Kuchen are all named after desserts and the country is German for cake.
- Those Two Guys: Daniel and Nicholas in Weider. Elmunt gets some development.
- Wicked Stepmother: Ed's.