Video Game: LEGO Creator
LEGO Creator is a LEGO Licensed Game released in 1998 for Windows. It is a sandbox game, divided into two modes: Create and Play. In Create mode you build whatever you want on the game world with the countless bricks available or the pre-made content. Objects you create can be saved for later use.In case you have minifigures set to walk or drive a vehicle, you can control them in Play mode. The other thing you can do in this mode is destroying stuff with explosives named "Destructa Bricks". You can click on each one or destroy all of a given color.Creator was later followed by three sequels: one based on the Knights Kingdom theme and two based on Harry Potter, which expanded the Play mode. There's also the program named LEGO Digital Designer, which allowed the user to send their projects to LEGO and order it for delivery as a real set - box design included. Don't confuse this series with the LEGO theme of the same name.
Tropes present in the game:
- Built with LEGO: Averted. You use Mega Bloks to build in this game.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Normally cars just stop after bumping into something, but they'll explode at the slightest touch if you set a Destructa Brick on them.
- Everything Fades: Bricks fade after being separated by explosions.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Exaggeratedly huge explosions might crash the game.
- In-Universe Game Clock: You can either set the game's sky to day or night or use Windows' clock.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: Gets really bad if your world has lots of things in it.
- Plunger Detonator: The icon for the button you use to select a color of Destructa Bricks to activate.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Destructa Bricks can be used to explode objects. You can set colors to them and control how much damage they'll cause.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Have you noticed how many tropes on this page are related to Destructa Bricks? Also, one can pilot helicopters into buildings.
- Wide Open Sandbox: The game is all about building stuff and enjoying the sight. Then destroying it.
- Wrap Around: Trying to leave the game world results in this.