is a launch title for the Microsoft Xbox
. At its core, Fuzion Frenzy
is a four-player party game featuring 45 different mini-games in its selection roster (not including the titular Fuzion Frenzy). The game had two modes of play: Tournament mode which allowed up to four players to compete in sets of three minigames that tied to the theme of the city's zone to earn orbs that were later used in the Fuzion Frenzy minigame. Tournament mode used either 2,4, or 6 zones to compete in, with the winner ultimately being determined by the highest point count in all the combined Fuzion Frenzy rounds after each minigame set. There is also minigame Frenzy, where players could select any minigame at any time (except for Fuzion Frenzy).
It's worth noting that unlike most traditional party games in its time, Fuzion Frenzy did not follow a linear game pattern. Each zone in tournament mode was randomly chosen and never overlapped with an already-selected zone, meaning that playthroughs were almost never identical.
A sequel titled Fuzion Frenzy 2
has been developed for the Xbox 360, which wasn't as well received as its predecessor.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Fuzion Frenzy Provides Examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Fuzion Frenzy, Misguided Missiles and Roller Ruckus just to new a few.
- Announcer Chatter: Notably less frequent than its sequel.
- Blood Sport: A lot of minigames would apply, especially "Blast Man Standing."
- Bloodless Carnage: It's strange when you consider half these games involve blowing each other up with explosives, shooting each other with tanks or blasters, or just flat out attacking each other with melee weapons. Justified as it's an E-rated game.
- City of Adventure: In Fuzion Frenzy 1, all the minigames take place in one city on one planet (presumably Earth).
- Color-Coded Characters:
- Dub, Green
- Samson, Red
- Geena, Blue
- Naomi, Orange
- Zak, Yellow
- Jet, Pink
- Competitive Multiplayer
- Cool Helmet: Jet, in fact she's the only one who wears a helmet out of all the player characters.
- Cool Shades: Samson
- Distinctive Appearances: Each character has different portions, personality and can be easily identified by their color scheme alone.
- Drop-In-Drop-Out Multiplayer: Players can retire or join in at any time.
- Dumb Muscle: Samson's purpose to win the Fuzion Frenzy tournament is to prove he isn't one of these.
- Endless Running Game: Twisted System and Prop Rotation.
- Fixed Camera
- The Future
- Going Through the Motions: Given that it was released in 2001, this was to be expected.
- Hub City: Fuzion Frenzy 1 takes place inside an unnamed futuristic city.
- Just for Pun: Blast Man Standing, Mystery Beat, Tailblazer, Erodeo and Rubble Alliance.
- Large Ham Announcer: Reserved for the Fuzion Frenzy rounds as well as the start and end of a minigame in Fuzion Frenzy, horribly overused in Fuzion Frenzy 2.
- Mad Marble Maze: Subverted. More like players INSIDE a rolling object in certain minigames.
- Minigame Game
- No OSHA Compliance: The Outlands, then again everything is under construction/demolition.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: The three male (Dub, Samson and Zak) and three female characters (Jet, Geena and Naomi) are equally capable of winning the game.
- Racing Minigame: Roller Ruckus and Tank Treads.
- Rhythm Game: The Scratch Match, Mystery Beat and Rhythm minigames.
- Scoring Points: Most games have this nature, especially Fuzion Frenzy.
- Sequel Itis: And boy was it noticeable. Average Review for Fuzion Frenzy 1: 6/10, Average Review for Fuzion Frenzy 2: 2/10.
- Super Drowning Skills: The characters float for a second before sinking, then teleporting back onto land if they land in water.
- Violation of Common Sense: Half of these games either involve explosives or doing things that'd normally be suicide.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: As if it wasn't obvious enough in the title.