Your nightlight is gone Amber...Eternally Us is a short Point-and-Click Adventure Game by Steven Poulton and Ben Chandler about a girl named Amber who is looking for her disappeared friend Fio. It is freeware and it is really short, so just go play it instead of reading this article. You'll be weeping your heart out by the time it is over.Official website is here (here's a mirror if that link doesn't work).The following list assumes that you have finished the game already, so unmarked spoilers follow.
The game provides examples of:
- Adventure Game
- Ambiguously Gay: Amber and Fio are strongly implied to be lovers but nothing explicit is said about the matter.
- Bittersweet Ending: Amber finds Fio. She's dead, but Amber is now ready to accept it.
- Dead All Along: Fio.
- Five Stages of Grief: Each location represents one of the five stages.
- Foreshadowing: What really happened to Fio.
- Game Maker: The game was made in Adventure Game Studio.
- Greek Chorus: The Grotesques.
- Humanoid Abomination: Hurt.
- The Lost Lenore: Possibly Fio to Amber. The exact nature of their relationship to each other is never specified.
- Necessarily Evil: Hurt. Well, what did you expect with a name like that?
- Point-and-Click Game
- Simple Score of Sadness: The Acceptance stage and the end credits.
- Wise Tree: The talking trees in the Bargaining stage.
- Woman in White: Fio at the end.