FUNAI'S FANTASTIC LASER DISC ANIMATION GAME DEBUTED!Esh's Aurunmilla
was an obscure game released in the wake of Dragon's Lair
Seems Esh, ruler of the universe of Perseus, is trying to take over the peaceful universe of Orion and starts by kidnapping the local princess, Sindy. Fortunately, a sword-swinging space warrior by the name of Don Davis is on the case and infiltrates Esh's base to get Sindy back.
Notable both for its extreme rarity and its amusingly inept dub job.
Esh's Aurunmilla contains examples of the following:
- Dark Action Girl: Orishala. Unlike most villains in this type of games she's competent enough you actually fight her twice.
- Dumb Muscle: Don might not be too bright, but he can break rocks with his bare hands.
- Harmless Villain: Subverted. Esh looks all weak and puny, but Don soon learns to regret underestimating him.
- MST: Done by Retsupurae here.
- One-Winged Angel: Emperor Esh turns into a giant cyclops monster when he fights Don for real.
- Opening Narration: There are actually two versions with different narrators. The one with the lower voice can heard in the arcade version.
- Rock Beats Laser: Don's armed with nothing but a sword and regularly fighting enemies who have far more advanced weaponry, and with the proper input constantly coming out on top.
- Word Salad Title: What exactly is an "aurunmilla"?
- According to one version of the attract mode it's the name of Esh's planet.