Video Game: Dark
Dark is a stealth action role-playing video game developed by Realmforge Studios and published by Kalypso Media, released on July 9, 2013. It was officially announced on May 4, 2012. A playable version of the game was presented at the 2012 Role Play Convention in Cologne, Germany and the E3 2012.The game follows the story of Eric Bane, a newly turned vampire suffering from amnesia. He learns that his transformation is not complete and that, if he does not drink the blood of his sire, he will mutate into a mindless ghoul. In order to avoid being such a foul creature, he receives missions to drink ancient vampires' blood. However, an angel in Eric's view appears to guide him to the righteous path, and ease intolerable pain that comes from not drinking appropriate blood as it disappears. With a question of this vision, he tries to recover his deleted memories and his true-self 'vampire.'The gameplay of Dark is based on stealth combat. Eric has many supernatural vampiric 'skills' at his disposal; he can use Shadow Leap to quickly teleport to different areas and to perform stealth finishers, make himself temporarily invisible, see in the dark and slow down time. His abilities are linked to a certain amount of 'blood points' which are used up each time Eric uses a skill. He can drink blood from his enemies to restore his health and blood points.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Eric Bane.
- Does Not Like Guns: You can't use any weapons or equipment whatsoever in this game. The closest you can get to a "gun" power is either the leap or Darth Vader choke ability that kills something distant from you.
- Dull Surprise: The characters have no facial expressions or line deliveries other than this.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Eric Bane can get distracted by a statue of lesbians making love in a fountain (of red wine).
- Follow the Leader: Dishonored and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines have both been admitted to be inspirations.
- I Drank What?: Eric's reaction to getting a Bloody Mary...House Style.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: It doesn't matter who the guards are working for, Eric will devour them.
- Show, Don't Tell: Averted, sadly. The game's tutorial tips are painfully transparent substitutes for showing the player what to do.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: Eric's internal monologue tells us what he feels instead of letting the game show us.
- Vampires Are Rich: Averted. Most vampires seem pretty poor.
- Vampires Own Night Clubs: The Sanctuary and Rose
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Rose.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The game explains that since Eric's blood was drained by a vampire and he then died, he's a half-vampire and needs to drink the blood of the vampire that killed him. While the game later explains that Eric was specially created by M-17 and no longer needs to try to find the vampire that bit him, Eric drank blood from and killed an unknown number of people in order to fuel his vampire powers. Will those guys become vampires too? Are they going to turn into ghouls?
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Eric Bane is seeking other vampire's blood to steal their power.