Video Game: Clyde's Adventure
Clyde's Adventure is a platform computer game released by Moonlite Software in 1992. The objective of the game is to explore castles, collect gems, and find the exit. Clyde, the main character, has a supply of energy that depletes whenever he walks, jumps, or falls from a great height. If his energy reaches 0, it causes Clyde to die with a shriek. With no "enemies," Clyde's Adventure is predominantly a puzzle game. The challenge comes from avoiding traps, using Clyde's magic wand to manipulate the environment, and finding the most efficient route before Clyde runs out of energy.The game has two chapters, each containing 16 castles:
- Episode 1: Lost Treasure of Tahookaboo
- Episode 2: The Vanished King
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Episodic Game: There are two episodes making up this game.
- Gotta Catch Them All: You must find all the gems in each castle.
- MacGuffin: You find a treasure in each castle. They serve no purpose beyond that.