Tropers: Purple People Eater
Twenty year old Connecticut native that for some reason has a bad New York accent.
Things I watched/played/rediscovered/wasted-my-time-with
due to TV Tropes:
open/close all folders
- Watchmen Just in time for the movie to be announced. (Still haven't gotten to seeing it.)
- A good amount. At first I would look at fanfic and never bother with it, then I found the fanfic recommendation page...
Live Action TV
- Firefly Found this gem too little too late.
- Star Trek I'm almost done with TOS, and at some point I plan to have watched all 22 days, 19 hours, and 3 minutes of canon. (Probably by the time I'm middle aged.)
Manga and Anime
- Silent Hill Never actual played any of the games, watched hours worth of Let's Plays instead. Also sat through the movie.
- Fallout My brother was playing Fallout 3 but I didn't really care until I read the Just Bugs Me page for the game, at which point I bugged him with hilarious spoilers, at which point I actually noticed that the game was awesome. I soon also bought Fallout 1 and 2.
- Left 4 Dead More of L4D2 than the first one.
- Team Fortress 2 - First hilarious machinimas, then fan works, then finally playing the game once it went F 2 P. I mostly play an average-to-sucky Pyro or Medic.
- Questionable Content Made it to strip 601 in my binge before I realized I Was-Not-Indie-Enough to be reading it. I just skipped to the end.
- Penny Arcade This one I didn't even bother to try and binge.
- VG Cats This one however, was easy to binge. Hooray for bad update schedules.
- Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name
- Homestuck I blame the ridiculously large tvtropes page with the warning to read the comic first lest you get spoiled plastered all over it. That and the avatars all over the SA forums (which I'm not even a member of(!)).
- Awesome Series Trama Center Redux is the best one.
- There She Is!
- Haloid Awesome fighting and whatnot, but not very hard to figure out the Twist Ending when the page is constantly mentioning the TWIST ENDING, and given the nature of one of the protagonists already.