We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Well, I'm just a random girl who's very hard to read sometimes. I LOOOOOOVE the anime called Saru Getchu On Air
, it's my favorite show of ALL TIME. I also love Keroro Gunsou
. I don't like arguements, and I'm very easily embarressed. I love roleplaying and writing songs. I'm a huge anime otaku, and I'm a gamer, owning a Wii and DS. I used to be a Nintendo purist, but I hsve a PSP now, even though I barely play it. My favorite video game series is Pokemon, and my favorite Pokemon are the Lake Trio, who I call UMA
, as well as, if it wasn't already obvious by my username, Excadrill. I'm a pretty big fan of Marriland, if you know who he is.
I'm a member of: Deviant ART
(Melody-AnimeFreak), and Tumblr (mischivous-erufuun). On Saturdays, I hang in the Rainbow Dash room of the BronyState stream to watch new My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
episodes. There, I go by ThatOneDashFangirl.
I'm currently really interested in the Generation Five Pokemon
metagame, and I've been following Smogon. I haven't joined, though, 'cuz I'm kinda scared to. So, I guess you could say I'm....an "underground Smogonite"? I haven't been following Smogon as much since I joined the MLP bandwagon, but my Pokenerd side still shows up every now and then.
My username is SUPPOSED to be "Doryuuzu PWNS All", not "Doryuuzu PWN Sall". Doryuuzu is Excadrill's Japanese name, if you didn't know. And it's true: he DOES pwn.
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code:
1548 9727 3170
Yumi's Platinum Battle Videos:
Battle Tower 1: 39-33123-05677
Battle Tower 2: 81-97442-67044
Battle Tower 3: 43-13911-02779
CURRENT PLATINUM TEAM:
- 1. Moe (Empoleon, female) - Tank, special attacker
- 2. Hiroki (Luxray, male) - Mixed attacker
- 3. Natsumi (Espeon, female) - Special sweeper
- 4. Kakeru (Weavile, male) - (Anti-)lead, physical sweeper
- 5. Hikaru (Lucario, male) - Mixed sweeper
- 6. Haruka AKA "Superstar" (Vespiquen, female) - Tank, physical attacker
I'm not giving out my White info yet. My teams aren't ready.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code:
Brawl mains: Ness and Jigglypuff. Sometimes Kirby or Sonic.
As of September 2011, I am officially a "brony"...is in, a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
. And guess what? It's aaaaall thanks to TVTropes
. It's just......it was gettin' mentioned EVERWHERE, and I got all curious.....so, I watched it, and watched more....and more....yeah. >__> I even stopped playin' White ever since I descovered that awesome show. And this is no ordinary obbsession either, 'cuz....well....thanks to MLP, I found out some....stuff about myself. I'll get to that later. >//////>
THIS TROPER PROVIDES EXAMPLES OF:
- Adult Child: Believe it or not, I'm actually nineteen years old....but still a kid at heart.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: It'd be easier to list the guys I like that AREN'T villians or anti-heroes. (Those would be Sparx, Gill, and Brief. That's all. Maybe Dash, too, but she's alot like an anti-hero.)
- Bi the Way: I thought I was straight. I was POSITIVE I was straight....but then came Dash. Usually people have this stuff straightened out when they're almost twenty years old, so....yeah...TOTALLY not expected. Dash is just awesome like that.
- Berserk Button: Recently, a certain MLP episode has pissed me off, and I tend to get set off when bronies defend Dash's friends and what they did. I just don't see how someone can support that, unless they absolutely hate Dash and got pleasure out of seeing her go crazy and eventually break down and almost go into depression, ALL BECAUSE SHE GOT AN EGO BOOST OUTTA ATTENTION SHE RIGHTFULLY DESERVED.
- Blue Eyes/Green Eyes: My eyes change color between the two. I know, it's wierd.
- Brilliant but Lazy: ....I have an above-average IQ.....I know, I can't believe it, either.
- Captain Obvious
- Catch Phrase:
- When I'm around people who I think won't like me using Japanese words, I switch to saying "Aw, pellets" instead. "Kuso" is mainly only said on DA these days.
- *when there's an akward silence* ".....CURRY!" (sometimes, "SPICY CURRY!")
- "Court adjourned!" when leaving and "Order in the court!" when things get crazy, taking after the great Shikieiki Yamaxanadu.
- "Error 966: [X] Not Found."
- Answering every question I don't know the answer to with "nine six-six", and referring to said number as "the Unlucky Number".
- Crazy-Prepared: For Pokemon White. At least two months before it came out, I had already planned out TWO TEAMS!
- Dumb Blonde: Sometimes I feel like this.
- Epic Fail: My username. I didn't know it would add spaces, okay!?
- Everything's Better With Monkeys: The Monkey is my Chinese zodiac. Ironic, 'cuz I'm such an SG fan!
- Extreme Doormat: I tend to be pretty easy to push around.
- Fangirl: AND. HOW. I don't know why, but for some reason, I keep falling for fictional characters. My first crush was in Kindergarten, and they haven't stopped since. And since my memory is so good, I can probably list them all. But, I'm CURRENTLY a fangirl of six guys and one girl. Yeah. But some are more obvious than others.
- Fan Of The Underdog: Frequently, when it comes to certain Pokemon or Brawl characters. Most notably of Ness and Jigglypuff in Brawl, and practically every Pokemon on my Platinum team. Also, every Pokemon on my White team save Excadrill is pretty underrated.
- Foreign Cuss Word: I say "kuso" alot...which means "crap" or something else that starts with an S....in Japanese. That's the closest to swearing I get. I don't swear.
- Genki Girl: When I'm in a good mood, I get pretty hyper.
- Genius Ditz
- Glasses Girl
- Imagination Spot: Sometimes, I imagine myself and the world around me as an anime.
- In-Joke: I have a few of them with my family.
- Pajama Sam ruined my childhood. note
- Interrupting cow. note
- Jigglypuff knows karate. note
- Little Stupid. note
- "This is harrassment." note
- "BUT DOUBLE D DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!" note
- Love letters to Double D. note
- Rainbow wig Minun. note
- Little Miss Snarker: I'm not the deadpan kind, but I DO snark.
- Love at First Sight: Fell for Specter-sama the second I saw him in a YouTube video. He's the only one of my crushes that is an example of this, however.
- Love Makes You Crazy: At times, but I usually try to avert this.
- Love Martyr
- Lurker Not A Fighter: Unless I get REALLY mad, I'll barely ever take part in a fight.
- Nice Hat: Whenever I play as Jigglypuff in Brawl, I have her wear her straw hat.
- No Social Skills: Being an aspie, it's pretty much a given that I'm awkward.
- One of the Boys: Recently, I've found myself into things that seem to have a much larger male fanbase: Pokemon, PaSwG, Touhou...I dunno why, I'm just into that kinda stuff. *shrug*
- Subverted with MLP. Though it was made for girls, it wasn't made for girls MY AGE, plus I consider myself a brony, and bronies are mostly guys.
- Picky Eater
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Reference Overdosed: I reference stuff AAAAALL the time! Most of the time, I'll quote something. Mostly a meme.
- Sarcasm Mode: I don't use this at all.
- Self-Deprecation: I have self-esteem issues. Making fun of myself is normal.
- “Stop Having Fun” Guys: Despite my newfound intrest in the Pokemon metagame, I'm trying to avert this as much as possible.
- I avert this when it comes to Brawl. I'm a fan of most items, and my second main is none other than Jigglypuff.
- Why Did It Have To Be Needles?
THE MANY SONGS THIS TROPER HAS WRITTEN CONTAIN EXAMPLES OF:
- Accent Upon The Wrong Syllable: Since a large majority of my songs are parodies, this tends to happen quite often. So often, in fact, that I don't think I'll be able to list them all here!
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: My reasons for convicting characters in "Danzai Melody: Destroy the Pure Hearts!" range from spreading bad rumors about Kururu-sama (Tamama) to doing bad impressions of him (Fuyuki).
- Ax-Crazy: KakeruBack ("You are gonna DIE") and "Today's Unlucky Number Is..." ("No, you didn't do anything bad to me / I just find the hurt look on your face to be amusing")
- Badbutt Boast: "Attack Order", "The Sandstorm", and escpecially "Sweeper".
- Backstory / When It All Began: "My Sanity", which tells the story of how I descovered, and began watching, Saru Getchu On Air, my favorite anime.
- BSOD Song: I wrote "Pipo Angel'' while in a brief period of depression.
- Disproportunate Retribution: "KakeruBack", which was written as a Silly Song at first, believe it or not. It's about how, after the final episode of the anime, with Kakeru capturing Specter-sama, my Ape Escape character Mayu finds Kakeru and threatens to kill him because of what he did to Specter-sama. ("Gotta say / I am impressed with what you did that day / That robot battle, and sealin' him away / Which comes to the point that I'm tryin' to make / You are gonna DIE")
- "The Hero and Her So-Called Friends" lampshades the use of this trope by Rainbow Dash's friends.
- Crossover: "Danzai Melody: Destroy The Pure Hearts!" is this somewhat. It's based off of a dream I had, in which I was Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, and I was in the Keroro Gunso universe.
- Gratuitous Japanese: In "Misery".
- Green-Eyed Monster: "Hidden Eyes", the only song I've written about PaSwG.
He would give the world
To show how much he loves her
Such a stupid girl
I can't believe I'm jealous of her
- Grief Song: "Now He Is Gone", a song about the end of the first season, and beginning of the second season, of Saru Getchu On Air. However, it's a subversion, 'cuz Specter-sama didn't die. However, at the time I wrote the song, I really thought he had seased to be when Kuuta took the helmet off. I had no idea he was still alive as the Pipo Angel. So, in a way, it WAS a Grief Song at the time, 'cuz I thought he technically had died.
- "It Ended, And..." is supposed to come off as this even moreso, being one of the saddest songs I've ever written, but it's also a subversion 'cuz Again, Specter-sama didn't die, he was just captured in the very last episode of the anime.
- "I Am" Song: My newest song, "Part of the Herd", which includes the lyrics "So what / If I like ponies? / I am a brony..."
- It's All About Me: "Sweeper" uses this line word-for-word. After all, it's sung by an Excadrill whose team is completely based around him and his needs.
- Last Chorus Slow Down: "Crazy".
- Let's Duet: "Doryuuzu" is one of three duet songs I've written. It's sung by two Trainers: the first Trainer just figured out that her opponent has an Excadrill (called Doryuuzu, 'cuz his English name hadn't been out at the time) and has started freakin' out, while the second Trainer is getting impatient with having to wait to set up the Sandstorm.
- List Song: "Danzai Melody: Destroy the Pure Hearts!". I list off the Keroro Gunso characters that I dislike, and why I dislike them.
- Lyric Swap: In "Secret Base", the last chorus switches things up a bit, changing "He gives the evil grin" to "He gives my favorite grin", and "Every worry that I had / Torn, broken, and sad / Worsen when I see his face" to "Every worry that I had / Torn, broken, and sad / Vanish when I see his face". This symbolizes how I eventually came to accept how I felt about Specter-sama.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Today's Unlucky Number Is..." is set to the music of the happy, energetic-sounding VOCALOID song "Tears Aren't the Decorations". The lyrics are about how much I take pleasure in everyone else's pain.
- Non-Appearing Title: I use this a LOT, being a closet Fall Out Boy fan. However, not all my songs are examples of this. Here's a list of those that are:
- Non Indicative Name: "My Sanity" is not a Sanity Slippage Song.
- Oh, Crap: In "Doryuuzu", the second Trainer's reaction to finding out the first Trainer has a Conkledurr (referred to as Roobushin).
- Rhyming with Itself: I usually try to avoid this, but when I do, it's usually a small word like "me" or "you". And example from "The Sandstorm":
Everyone who has made fun of me
Took it back when I beat them
Obviously, you aren't believing me
So I'll have to show you
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Hacked" (in the Love Is A Drug way) and "KakeruBack" (in the Ax-Crazy way). Despite its name, "My Sanity" is not this.
- Self-Deprecation: In "A Saru Got Me", "Secret Base", and ESPECIALLY "Crazy", I poke fun at myself for being a human.
- Silly Love Songs: It'd be easier to name the songs I've written that AREN'T about love or a crush (which would be all my Pokemon songs, "Uncatchable" to an extent, "Part of the Herd" to an extent, and "The Hero and Her So-Called Friends", by the way).
- Sarcasm Mode: Even though sarcasm is hard to potray in lyrics, this is used pretty much through the whole chorus of "The Hero and Her So-Called Friends".
No no, ah ah
What lesson have we learned here today?
No no, ah ah
"If you be yourself, there's a price to pay"
No no, ah ah
'Cuz if you brag, you're not a true hero
And your friends will remind you by FORCE
- Silly Song: There's one song that I wasn't serious about while writing, and that's "KakeruBack", which I wrote as part of a dare by a friend to make a parody of a song I hate, and attempt to make the lyrics good. I chose the infamous "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake and made a song about my least-favorite Ape Escape character. However, I wrote this not long after I watched the last episode of the anime, so I hated him more than usual.....and....I kinda went overboard with the lyrics.
- Song Parody: ALL of my songs except "My Sanity", "Attack Order", "Hacked", and "Crazy" are parodies, though they aren't all funny. And well, since I have to make a list of them all somewhere, I guess here'd be the best place, so...
- Take That: In "Hidden Eyes", I make a few jabs at Panty. Then there's "The Hero and Her So-Called Friends", which is basically one large Take That at the infamous MLP episode "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well".
- This Is a Song: "It Ended, And..." is a rare example of a sad song that uses this trope, though the lyric is left over from the song it's based off of ("Disenchanted" by MCR).
This is a sad song
In his memory
About a villian
Who was captured on the scene
It was a happy ending
But those words have no meaning
THIS TROPER IS A FAN OF:
- YouTube Poop
- VOCALOID (Mosly Kagamine Rin...I have SO many of her songs in my playlist.)
- Touhou (I don't play the games, but I LOVE the characters!)
- CHARLIE. THE. UNICORN.
- Watching Pokemon B/W Wi-Fi battles
- ROLEPLAYING FTW!
- Equestria Daily
- Cleverbot. I talk to it alot when I'm bored.