Trivia: The Lord of the Rings Online
- Archive Binge / Archive Panic: It's an mmorpg...that has been going since 2007. Just to give you an idea of how much content there is in this game, when the game launched, it contained nine different regions and had a level cap of 50. At the time of this writing, the game has TWENTY-FIVE REGIONS, and has a level cap of 100. Say goodbye to your life.
- Development Hell: The game was in development for 9 years, starting work as a top-down 2D game in the style of Ultima Online in 1998 and eventually morphing into a post-World of Warcraft 3D game in 2007.
- Expy: Bingo Boffins is an obvious expy of Bilbo Baggins. note Bingo is a hobbit grown bored with his mundane life who decides to go off on an adventure. However, the similarities stop there, as Bingo decides to seek adventure on his own initiative, rather than require Gandalf to kick him out the door.
- Fan Nickname: The region Evendim is often referred to as Everswim, due to the giant lake that takes up a big part of the region which players have to cross on multiple occasions. The amount of necessary swimming across the lake has been reduced with later revamps of the area, with more swift-travel options to get across it having been added, but there are still times when you will be forced to go for a swim to get to your destination.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Galadriel sounds quite a bit like a Dark Elf.