Trivia: The Adventures of Pluto Nash
- Box Office Bomb: Budget plus marketing costs? A cool $120 mil, which is roughly what a studio back then would sink in to a film whenever they're expecting a blockbuster. But how much did this movie rake in at the box office? $7.1 million. Worldwide. To be exact, they lost $112,896,027 on this film, which amounts to a 94.08% loss. Adjusted for inflation, its net loss is the third largest in film history. As far as box office bombs go, this one is nuclear. Kaboom.
- It did a bit better in the DVD market, but not nearly enough to cover the costs. To date, it has grossed $24,983,000 in DVD sales. Only $88 million to go before you break even, guys!
- Creator Killer: After directing successful and Oscar winning films Tremors and City Slickers), Pluto Nash blotched Ron Underwood's feature directing career. Underwood has since stuck to directing TV Films.
- Development Hell / The Shelf of Movie Languishment: It took long to both be done and be released.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Rosario Dawson as Dina Lake, Alec Baldwin as a mobster, Pam Grier as Pluto's mother, and John Cleese as a limousine's autopilot.
- Money, Dear Boy: Eddie Murphy refused to promote the film at its time of release, and stated that the money is the only reason he took the role.
- Not Screened for Critics: Probably a clear indication of the movie's quality.
- Old Shame: To everyone involved, especially Eddie Murphy and Alec Baldwin, who insisted on being uncredited for his role.
- Star-Derailing Role: This movie killed the momentum Eddie Murphy had gotten back after The Nutty Professor.