Trivia: Spy Hard
- Hey, It's That Guy!: General Rancor is the famous Andy Griffith. Mccluckey is Dennis the Menace. Hulk Hogan also makes a brief cameo as one of Steele's Tag Team Members during the final fight scene in the end just before General Rancor is strapped to the rocket and goes off into space. "Weird Al" Yankovic makes a cameo as only the theme singer in the beginning.
- Jennifer makes a brief appearance as a ticket agent.
- The Klimaszewski twins, best known from the WCW Nitro Girls, appear as a Fanservice Extra during the scene spoofing In the Line of Fire. They both wear a Flag Bikini while blowing bubble gum.
- And of course the very first character seen on-screen is none other than Mr. T.
- Old Shame: For Marcia Gay Harden.
- Playing Against Type: Andy Griffith as a supervillain.
- Nepotism: The only explanation as to how Jason Friedberg and his friend Aaron Selzter came to write this screenplay.
- Wag the Director: The final screenplay for the film was supposedly thrown together hastily by Leslie Nielsen, Rick Friedberg and another writer, after Nielsen had serious issues with the original screenplay that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Selzter had written. This probably accounts for the somewhat disjointed nature of the final product.