- Crowning Moment of Funny: The Director cutting off Steele's flashback about Barbara Dahl. Sadly, this may be the only one.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Weird Al" Yankovic's title song.
Weird Al: It's the theme from Spy Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard! Weird Al's Head A Splodes.
- First Installment Wins: Of all the films that Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg actually had a significant part in writing — their credit on the first Scary Movie apparently being mostly for contractual reasons — this is the only one that even comes close to being decent. The fact that they didn't direct nor write the final screenplay — Jason's father Rick Friedberg did — probably helped.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Nowadays, most people just watch this for Weird Al's opening song.
- Older Than They Think: This film actually predated the first Austin Powers film by a year. However, most viewers felt it came across more like a fourth The Naked Gun film than a James Bond spoof, meaning that Austin Powers actually ended up feeling fresher than this film.
- It certainly didn't help the fact that they casted Leslie Nielsen as the freaking main character!
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Bill Conti's score utilizes numerous parodies of famous movie music, including Home Alone, True Lies, ET, In the Line of Fire, and Speed.