Trivia: Some Like It Hot
- AFIS 100 Years Series:
- AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies: #14
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Laughs: #1
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Movie Quotes:
- #48, "Well, nobody's perfect."
- AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies (10th Anniversary Edition): #22
- Deleted Scenes: The lack of audience laughter during the first test screening prompted Billy Wilder to shorten the train ride from Chicago to Miami by 60 seconds. First, he trimmed the conversation Sugar and Josephine share in the bathroom-Originally, Sugar told Josephine that she has trouble falling asleep in the berth above a snoring Beinstock, so she and Josephine agree to trade berths with each other. Next, he removed the payoff of this trade-Daphne mistakes a sleeping Josephine for Sugar, and grabs "her" while admitting that he's really a man. Joe/Josephine threatens to punch Jerry/Daphne, but the latter asks, "You wouldn't hit a girl, would you?" With the pacing increased, the movie met nonstop laughter at its next test screening.
- What Could Have Been: Early casting possibilities included Frank Sinatra as Jerry/Daphne and Mizti Gaynor as Sugar.