- Adored by the Network/Screwed by the Network: Apparently his inconsistent booking could be attributed to being well liked by Stephanie McMahon and Triple H and not being liked at all by producer Kevin Dunn.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Sheamus sounds like a cool, exotic name to Americans, but it's the Scottish and Irish counterpart to the English "James" and not so uncommon at all in his home country.
- Fan Nickname: "Lobster Head". His song goes "It's a shameful thing/You lost your head" not "Lobster Head".
- Funetik Aksent/Its Pronounced Tropay: WWE hoped to avert this with Sheamus' ring name. The most common spelling for the name is "Seamus" (as in Seamus Finnigan), but of course that would likely cause some pronunciation problems among the fans.
- Older Than They Think - Sheamus used the h in his name even in his native Ireland.
- One of Us: Is a big fan of the Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man.
- Playing Against Type: The heel character he portrayed for the first half of his WWE career. He normally played a face on the indies.
- Promoted Fanboy: Grew up a fan of the British wrestling show World Of Sport as well as of Bret Hart in the WWF.
- What Could Have Been: Looking at his career path and of those of his peers, he would have almost certainly ended up in Ring of Honor or Dragon Gate UK, had he not gotten the deal with WWE's FCW revival.