- Author Existence Failure: A near miss with Marie's life threatening brain tumour which left her with permanent disabilities.
- Breakaway Pop Hit: The aforementioned "It Must Have Been Love". To a lesser extent, "Almost Unreal", though they're less than proud of it.
- Creator Backlash: Per has gone on record as saying that "Almost Unreal" sounds like a parody of the band's style, and is generally unhappy with the way its release was handled. However, being that it was the credits theme to the Super Mario Bros. live-action movie, it's how a lot of people in the US came to know and love them.
- Besides that, Per became angry that the song ended up in that film soundtrack instead of Hocus Pocus, because he didn't believe that the song would not fit in with a film about three witches and a talking cat. Look at the lyrics sheet where the chorus has a Title Drop for the film that the song was intended for.
- Revival by Commercialization: "The Look", after its reappearance in Rock Band.
- Sleeper Hit: The record company originally didn't want to release "The Look" as a single in the US, since they didn't think an unknown Swedish band were worth promoting. An American exchange student handed his copy of Look Sharp to a DJ at his local station in Minneapolis, who liked the song and sent out tape copies to affiliates... eventually the record company realised that they had a radio hit and had to release the single.
- Throw It In: The introductory lyrics to "The Look" were guide lyrics - words just scribbled down just to have something to sing to the tune while working on it - Per couldn't come up with anything better and decided to roll with it, saying later after the song became a smash hit "Everyone gets lucky sometimes."