Trivia: Rainbow in the Dark
- Creator Breakdown: So far there's been two instances of this combined with Berserk Button:
- The first time, the author started a discussion with a reviewer who scored one of his older stories with a 3.5 out of 10. A few reasons for his outrage was that the reviewer told him to make the story 5 to 10 times longer (Since the story is suppossed to be a letter consisting of 1600 words, he felt like this could mess with the idea). Another reason is that the story was written for the Kiki foundation and Sayer thought this was a offense since the story was intended to be read to Kiki and little kids, and thus felt like the bad score was an offense to her memory. The reviewer gave it another revision and scored a 4 without any more discussions.
- Another time was when Equestria Daily featured My Little Sharknado, a story filled with countless mistakes and grammar errors, while Rainbow in the Dark has been rejected 3 times and Hitmane: Agent 3.14 was rejected twice for even less without a pre-reader having looked at them. This one started a discussion with the phrase "How I came close to leaving fanfiction" included, so it's safe to say that this was a big blow. One of the pre-readers posted that they accepted bad stories from time to time as a joke, and Sayer replied "If this was a joke, we didn't get the punchline", showing that when it comes to featuring good works, he doesn't think it's funny to reject good stories for the stupidest of reasons only to feature a bad fic as a joke.
- Line to God: Sayer can be found in DeviantArt, Tumblr, Steam, Youtube, and even right here on TV Tropes.
- Word of God/Word of Dante: There's a special chapter full of trivia about the story, characters and such. You can find it by clicking here.
- Shared Universe: Sayer and Kalash93 said that it is possible that Rainbow in the Dark exists in the same universe, although perhaps not in the same continuity as Racer and the Geek. Small nods, links, and references are present. This is still completely nebulous.
- Rule 34: A Spin-Off one shot was released, involving Rainbow Dash and Brownie's first time with the title Through The Prism. Warning! - Not Safe For Work. You have been warned: