Trivia: Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
- Fan Nickname: Get into any discussion of Mileena online and see how long it takes someone to refer to her as You Wish.
- Franchise Killer: There were plans for a third movie follow up, but disappointing box office returns saw them fall by the wayside. Years later, there were serious talks of a new movie, that may or may not have been a true sequel, but production difficulties led to it being scrapped.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- James Remar (Harry Morgan, Ajax, Sideswipe) takes over as Raiden. Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake Eyes) was his stunt double.
- Young Jason, meanwhile, takes over as Johnny Cage.
- Two former American Gladiators are on opposite sides in the conflict; Lynn "Red" Williams (Sabre) is Jax, and Deron Mc Bee (Malibu) is Motaro.
- The Other Darrin: Done with several of the main characters. The only actors from the first film to return for the second were Robin Shou (Liu Kang) and Talisa Soto (Kitana).
- Aside from the main cast, only one actor from the first film returned for sequel, namely, stunt double Keith Cooke. Here, however, he plays Kuai Liang, a.k.a. the younger of the Sub-Zero brothers; in the first film, he was Reptile's humanoid ninja form.
- What Could Have Been: Just like in the first movie, Michael Jai White was slated to portray Jax. Ultimately, he turned down the role, this time to do Spawn. He finally portrayed Jax in Mortal Kombat: Rebirth and Mortal Kombat: Legacy.