Trivia: Mark Does Stuff
- Demand Overload: When Mark started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on his Mark Watches site, the onslaught of Buffy fans broke the server multiple times before Mark had to get a new one to accommodate for them.
- His video order site was crashed by an understandable onslaught of orders for the Supernatural episode "Fan Fiction" the second it appeared. This also had the misfortune of being a time when he was stuck without Internet for 24 hours, meaning he took a while to even become aware of the problem.
- Fan Nickname: Commenters use rot13 to discuss spoilers. Sometimes, a character's name in rot13 will be amusing enough to become one of these. For instance: Wbanguna for Jonathan, Ybear for Lorne and Furybo for Shelob.
- And while he stopped doing Mark Plays before it got to be used, many were anticipating the fun of calling Wrex "Jerk."
- "Byvivre" for Olivier in Fullmetal Alchemist. Given the character's badass nature, this led to "By Vivre!" taking on the meaning "that's awesome!"
- Discworld fans were rather pleased to discover that 'Nanny Ogg' in rot13 becomes "Anaal Btt". The Heh Heh, You Said X is made all the sweeter by the knowledge that Nanny would have the exact same reaction.
- Plus, Greebo is "Terrob." It's noted that it's a shame he wasn't named Greebe just to make it perfect.
- Before he read them, he could never quite remember the name of Provost's Dog, so he started calling them the 'Doggy Books'- especially funny considering the series' darker tone. The name is now used throughout the Tamora Pierce fandom.
- Ditto calling the four protagonists of Circle of Magic "the goats."
- Benny from Supernatural, who happens to be half of a popular Ho Yay couple, translates to "Oraal."
- Old Shame: Going into Harry Potter, he expected a disposable series of books, and was basically pretty condescending of the series. In his re-read review of the first chapter he said:
"Did most of you think that I was going to tear this series apart back then? Because I can sort of see why I thought what I did at the time, but now I want to vehemently defend this. YOU DONíT GET IT, JUST WAIT SHIT WILL GET REAL. Iíve become all of you. And it is wonderful."
- One of Us: He has linked to TV Tropes on at least one occasion. He also mentions us quite a bit.
- What Could Have Been: He's said that he wishes he'd done the Marvel Cinematic Universe on the site, since he has a ton of thoughts about it (mostly good ones). He had to settle for doing liveblogs on Twitter.