Trivia / Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Acclaimed Flop: The movie was initially a Box Office Bomb despite high critical praise, though this was probably due to it being shown on only 169 screens. Later subverted, however, when the film made 70% of its total cinema gross from international showings.
- Career Resurrection: Arguably the film that showed that Robert Downey, Jr. still had something left in him after the drug addiction had ravaged his career, before Iron Man came along and proved it conclusively.
- Dawson Casting: As noted by one critic, Harry and Harmony are meant to have been in the same class in high school, but Downey Jr. was 40 at the time of shooting while Monaghan was only 29.
- Enforced Method Acting: According to the DVD commentary track, Robert Downey Jr. had one of the director's assistants crouching off camera jabbing him in the kidneys during the Electric Torture scene.
- Genre Adultery: It started as this, only to become a subversion. Shane Black tried to do a James L. Brooks-esque comedy under the supervision of the man himself. Once he hit a creative wall, the conclusion was “Fuck it. I have to put a murder in it”, and so it become another action comedy in his Signature Style.
- Meta Casting: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was strongly influenced on works by Raymond Chandler; Robert Downey Jr. himself previously starred in a similar role in The Singing Detective a few years earlier, which is also based on Chandler's books.
- Method Acting: Val Kilmer, after initially losing 50 pounds to play Gay Perry, then took to wearing nail varnish and a $500 pair of Louis Vuitton driving shoes to get into the character.
- Name's the Same: The Best Boy is named Jack Bauer. Maybe he's the other guy's nephew.