Trivia: Jack & Bobby
- Dawson Casting: Used and averted. 25 year-old Matt Long played 16 year-old Jack, while 12 year-old Logan Lerman played 13 year-old Bobby.
- The most egregious example was Jeanette Brox, who was 23 and played Bobby's girlfriend Dex.
- Executive Meddling: The WB kept moving the show around the schedule, causing it to lose viewers. It finally ended up on the low-rated Sunday night block, where it was quietly canceled at the end of the season.
- Screwed by the Network: The WB kept moving the show around the schedule—causing it to shed viewers—until finally dropping it off on Sunday nights, a dead zone for teen viewers. It also was hardly advertised at all compared to most of the networks other shows, and after winter break, there was NO advance warning of any new episodes airing, so unless you used an episode guide, you'd never know the show was even still on. Also from the ads it looked like a typical WB teen drama, but the commercials didn't even hint at the story of Bobby being president in the future (being told through flashforwards) People looking for a teen drama were caught off guard by the political storyline, and those who didn't mind the politics didn't watch the show because it didn't look too different from every other teen drama on the network. In the end the show's unique premise was its undoing, maybe it would've lasted longer without the future storyline.
- Type Casting - Keri Lynn Pratt as Missy