Trivia: Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Tiki Zing is named after an enemy that served a very similar purpose in DKC1 and 2, the Zinger.
- Believe it or not: This game is built in the same engine at the Metroid Prime Trilogy games.
- Fan Nickname:
- Name's the Same: The Piranha Plant-like enemies in this game are called Chomps, like the shark enemies from the original Donkey Kong Country. (The sharks in this game are called Snaggles, and their invincible variant is called Super Snaggles.)
- What Could Have Been:
- Many of the unlockable pictures in the galleries, as well as a couple of the dioramas, show scenes and enemies not actually included in the game.
- There were going to be dinosaurs in the game. Live ones, not walking fossils like in the cliffs. Some unused concept art from Danny Richardson shows an enormous brachiosaur character, and art of the temple stage shows pterosaurs soaring in the background. A second jungle setting, named "Jungle 2", was also planned but ultimately dropped.