In the Novel:
- Francis recounting his childhood to Richard, after having a panic attack and making Richard drive him to the hospital.
- Richard's horror when confronted with Bunny's grieving father.
- Francis confessing to Richard how much he loves Charles, who has been using him for drunk sex and then refusing to acknowledge it.
- Henry's disappointment in Julian, even considering what he's capable of as a person, is absolutely heartbreaking.
Henry: I loved him more than my own father. I loved him more than anyone else in the world.
- The ending, particularly Henry's funeral, Francis's suicide attempt and Camilla's refusal of Richard.