In the Novel:
- Bunny's essay on John Donne.
And as we leave Donne and Walton on the shores of Metahemeralism, we wave a fond farewell to those famous chums of yore.
- The frequent spot-on liberal arts school satire.
- Every single scene involving the owner of Redeemed Repairs.
- The scene where Richard and Judy Poovey are doing cocaine in the car park. Actually, any scene involving Judy Poovey.
- When the Six Student Clique are mistaken for Mormons by a waitress at a diner.
- Henry trying out the poison for Bunny on his neighbour's boxer dogs.
- A grumpy and sleep-deprived Francis losing his rag with Henry. "I don't want a goddamn doughnut!"
- Charles insisting that he take a mangy feral cat to Francis's house. Not only does it rough both Francis and Richard up considerably, it then has an attack of diarrhoea in the former's car.