! In the Novel:
* Bunny's essay on Creator/JohnDonne.
-->And as we leave Donne and Walton on the shores of Metahemeralism, we wave a fond farewell to those famous chums of yore.
* The frequent spot-on liberal arts school satire.
* Every single scene involving the owner of Redeemed Repairs.
* The scene where Richard and Judy Poovey are doing cocaine in the car park. Actually, any scene involving Judy Poovey.
* When, due to their extraordinarily formal appearance, the SixStudentClique are mistaken for Mormons by a waitress at a diner.
* A grumpy and sleep-deprived Francis losing his rag with Henry.
-->"I don't want a goddamn doughnut!"
* All Bunny's friends being coerced into staying at [[BigScrewedUpFamily the Corcorans']] house before the funeral, and the absolute ordeal that ensues.
** Camilla has to bunk with Marion:
--->"Oh, you don't have it so bad," she said. "Last night I had to sleep with Marion."
--->Francis's eyes widened with admiration and horror. "Oh, really? Oh, I say. That's awful," he said in a hushed, respectful voice.
** Mr Corcoran telling a wildly misremembered story about talking Henry out of buying an aeroplane.
* Charles insisting that he take a mangy feral cat to Francis's house. Not only does it rough both Francis and Richard up considerably, it then has an attack of diarrhoea in Francis's car.
* "Asparagus is in season."
* Henry digging around for ferns in the woods just before the gang's inevitable betrayal.