Tear Jerker: The Chronicles of Narnia
- The ending of The Last Battle.
- The Backstory behind King Caspian's loss of his wife (killed by the Green Lady in snake form) and son (abducted, kept as a hostage and brainwashed for years) in The Silver Chair. Specially when Lord Drinian wants to atone for his mistakes that led to this to happen by allowing the king to execute him with his own hands, but Caspian cries and hugs him saying "I've lost my Queen and my son... will I lose my friend as well?"
- The ending of 'The Silver Chair' par excellence. Caspian, who readers last see as a vital, energetic young man deeply in love, dies in his son's arms after losing all hope of his return. All the characters we knew and fell in love with like Trumpkin are ancient and decrepit and clearly do not recognise the clearly upset Eustace.
- There is a post death scene where readers see Caspian rejuvenated and coming to "our world" to act as a Bully Hunter to Jill's bullies. Interestingly, however, it doesn't do much to blunt the edge of the scene.
- The bit inThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe with Aslan and the mice.
- And Reepicheep's tail in Prince Caspian.