- In the middle of the weirdness and hilarity, we get this. Holy shit, Mongo.
- And now this.
- Here, Mitzi misses with both sais at ridiculously short range. She cannot bring herself to kill her own son, even if his soul has been devoured by the ghost wizard. (Happily, it has not.)
- The death of Herschel.
- The death of Grandpa McNinja. The Ironic Echo is just painful.
Dan: Where's dad?
- Rather tellingly, the alt text for this particular strip basically says that they honestly couldn't think of anything funny to say.
- Almost worse is the next page.
Doc: I hate magic. I hate ghosts.
- Doc's final thoughts for the arc are depressing as all hell. Sitting on that exact cliff years later, he just says one thing.
- Doc imprisonment by King Radical., he is tapping with his finger until it bleeds and then knocks out a tooth when he realized he can't go on with his finger. That is not one of his Crazy Awesome moment, that's him desperately trying to find a way out and slowly going insane.
- Nope. He had a plan. Just a painful one.
- Base. Doc looks really bummed compare to the last time his office was blown up.
- Dr. McNinja's clone Old is actually breaking down due to the fact that the technology used to make him wasn't made for clones to last as long as he did. He lamented, and it's hard not to see why: he was thrown out of his own life and forced to live in hiding because he thought people wanted to kill him, and he lost his girlfriend because his original broke up with her. Even when he tried infiltrating the McNinja household to try and be himself again, he couldn't talk to his own parents without going through a breakdown. All he does before escaping with a smoke bomb is to shed a tear.