- Jenny watching home movies of her dead husband.
- The ending, definitely the ending
The television show
- When Starman wears "his" old cap from the film, Jenny (not knowing who he really is) becomes upset. It's a touching, sad moment.
- Overlapping with heartwarming, from the conclusion of the two-part episode where Starman and Jenny Hayden are reunited; Scott misses the chance to see his mother again, so as Jenny's friend gives Scott her message for him, Starman uses his sphere to make her look like Jenny, so that Scott can have a present-day memory of how she is.
The comic book
- Ted Knight's death and even worse, funeral at the end of the '90s Starman run. There's just something about seeing those characters walk up and say their piece that had this troper needing to put the comic down for a few minutes.
- Jack's visit to Krypton, where he encounters a very young Jor-El is this both in-universe and for the reader, because Jack and the reader both know that Krypton is doomed.