Tear Jerker: Sarah McLachlan
This Canadian songbird can write some very moving songs.
- Oh, god. "Angel". If you don't want to be finding yourself lying face down on your bed all day, avoid it at all costs.
- There is another ASPCA commercial with "Answer" playing over it — "Cast me gently into morning, for the night has been unkind" — combined with a montage of abused animals.
- "I Will Remember You" is probably one of the saddest "goodbye" songs one could ever listen to, and has been used for two different series finales: Melrose Place and Felicity. It can be a very powerful tearjerker for people who have lost someone.
- And for Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans everywhere, "Full of Grace". Although, even without that association, this song is sad enough. Add in that ending, and it only gets worse.
- Then there is "Fallen".
- And "Hold On", which came about when she was hearing about a HIV-negative woman who was watching her lover's slow death from AIDS.
- "When She Loved Me" fits way too well with the scenes that accompany it.
- "I Love You", to those who fell in love with someone, but was/is too scared to tell them.
- "Plenty" is plenty tear-jerking, as anyone who's been lied to can relate.