- E.V.O. The Search for Eden had a couple of these. One involves talking to the spirits of a father-and-child dinosaur killed by falling meteors (your creature conveniently time-travels to escape this fate).
- And before that, at the aforementioned meteor shower, the father and child are being crushed by meteor, with the father trying to shield his child futilely, is the last scene shown of the Dinosaur era. It also lingers for a full minute.
- At the end of Chapter 4, you fight and kill a male yeti and then his wife. Right after she dies, their child runs by wailing and wanting to know where his parents had gone. This event humiliates Yetis, and one of the child's descendants is met in Chapter 5... and he's not happy. You are specifically reminded of this scene ("Daddy! Mommy!") before the Yeti attacks.
- Near the end of Chapter 5, in the Domain of Ditryma, one Ditryma tells you the sad tale of the Bird-Men.
"Please listen to my story. A long time ago, our ancestors built a castle that reached far into the sky. They had tried to reach the universe but were removed by some strange force. That is why we don't have wings."
— The Ditryma
- Heck, one of their sprites involves them sobbing while looking at the sky.◊