- One cover depicts Yaiba, dressed as a ninja, referencing the Tale of Galant Jiraiya (And not Naruto as some people may assume; Yaiba is several years older).
- Dry Dry/ Supergorilla's costume and powers are a blatant homage to Superman, to the point that he dons a completely different outfit in the anime.
- The whole seven orbs of the Dragon God thing is one to Dragon Ball.
- While trying to open the secret door leading to the Golden Orb, they try out several magical spells. Sayaka says "Alohomora.
- Goemon Ishikawa looks like a larger and fatter version of his Ganbare Goemon version.
- When Goemon introduce himself:
Goemon:" Before you stands the World's Greatest Thief..."Musashi:" What!? You're... Cat's Eye !!??Goemon:" You Moron!! Do I look like three beautiful girls to you!?"Sayaka:" I got it! You're Kaitou Kid!!!.
- Also when Goemon looks for the Legendary Orb of Nara, in the Italian manga he bumps into a music band singing the opening theme of 'Dragon Ball GT.
- When Jubei first transform into a werewolf and is asked who he is, he answers:
Jubei:"Juubei? Who's this guy? My name is Yajirobei!!"
- Onimaru hit by the Carbon Freeze looks a lot like Han Solo...
- At one point the Spider Man pulls out a small ball that, when wet, turn into 150 costumes for disquise, prompting Musashi to comment:
Musashi:"Do you just happen to be a relative of Doraemon?
- The firts time Yaiba meet Gekko.
- How Yaiba calls himself after wearing Sayaka's panties and bikini as a mask against some poisonous pollen?
Yaiba:" The hero of Justice, Kamen Yaiba!!!"
- Gozuma looks like Terminator.
- Princess Kaguya's real form is awfully similar to the Dragonosaur, a Sea Monster showed up in a Crossover movie featuring characters and Humongous Mecha from Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Ufo Robo Grendizer and Getter Robo G and several Super Robot Wars games.
Shout Out / Yaiba
A list of Shout-Out from Yaiba.