Made in Jersey
was a CBS primetime legal drama that premiered on September 28, 2012 on CBS
. It follows the story of Martina Gueretti, a Plucky Girl
from, you guessed it, New Jersey
who—after working cases in Trenton—has now joined a prestigious law firm in Manhattan
Unlike virtually every other TV show that Hollywood and the New York media currently have on the air, this show actually depicts New Jerseyans as regular people rather than "Jersey Shore"-style caricatures, and depicts New Jersey as a blue-collar, salt-of-the-earth place full of working-class people who are just as sympathetic as the usual New Yorker characters. Also, Martina navigates through cases with a combination of legal knowledge and blue collar knowledge gained from her upbringing.
So, go figure that Made In Jersey
was cancelled after only two episodes aired.
This show provides examples of:
- Apron Matron: Martina's mom. Their scenes together are heartwarming, and she of course comes to court to witness Martina's first trial.
- Big Applesauce: The law firm Martina works at is based in Manhattan.
- Brainy Brunette: Martina.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Martina can be considered an example. Her vibrant personality and quirks bewilder the more staid employees at the firm, but her knowledge of certain everyday areas of knowledge helps her solve her cases.
- Fake American: Janet Montgomery (Martina) is British.
- Hello, Attorney!
- Joisey: Martina was born, raised in, and still lives in New Jersey. She works in New York City, but is proud to be a Jersey Girl.
- Plucky Girl: Martina.