Series: Justice Bao
A popular Chinese TV series based on Bao Zheng.
This work contains examples of:
- Acting for Two
- Flower Motif: Pai Xiamei is named after Mei (Plum) Flower.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Bao Zheng. This is what led to Gongsun Ce, Zan Zhao and the four brothers serving him.
- Kangaroo Court: Of course, subverted with Bao. Played straight with other villains.
- Love Quadriladeral: The main point of "The Dream of Mandarin Ducks and Butterflies Case".
- Mistress and Maid: Yea Niang and Shuishui.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: In a world where corruptions run rampant, Bao Zheng is one of the few who is this.
- Red Baron: A lot of the people got one, particularly those involved in the jianghu world. Of notes are "The Seven Heroes" - of which Zan Zhao are a part of - and "The Five Gallants", with each member having a name to themselves.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Zan Jen and Zan Ping.
- Also Consort Lee and Consort Liu. While Lee is unambitious, Liu is very power-hungry.
- Temporary Love Interest: Oh, poor Zan Zhao. All three of his love interests are dead; in some way that is very sad.
- The Voiceless: Wang Shunxiang. It is a plot point that she was kidnapped and poisoned to frame her brother in-law, Xiaju, that he killed her. She is also unable to appeal to Bao because she can't write. Zan Zhao eventually uses his power to purge poison out of her to save her and her child.
- True Companions: Bao Zheng, Gongsun Ce and Zan Zhao.
- Undying Loyalty: Gongsun Ce, Zan Zhao, Wang Chao, Ma Han, Zhang Long and Zhao Hu to Bao Zheng.